Welcome to the Cross Association’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Hub, a pool of resources from articles to podcasts that have been recommended by AEO, AEV, and ESSA members. The hub is an ongoing working project, with content being updated whenever new resources are submitted. Our hope is to receive enough varied content to cover all of the UK’s 9 protected characteristics within the Equality Act 2010.
Discrimination means treating you unfairly because of who you are. The Equality Act 2010 protects you from discrimination by:
- Businesses and organisations which provide goods or services like banks, shops and utility companies
- Health and care providers like hospitals and care homes
- Someone you rent or buy a property from like housing associations and estate agents
- Schools, colleges and other education providers
- Transport services like buses, trains and taxis
- Public bodies like government departments and local authorities.