As a result of the uncertainty our industry continues to face and our efforts to secure a much needed support package, our formerly known #ProjectConfidence campaign has become #ProjectRecovery until further notice.
This cross association project was created to formulate and implement consistent, timely and relevant communications across the three sides of the events industry – event organisers, venues and suppliers - to inform and engage stakeholders on our work to facilitate the safe resurgence of events, at the earliest opportunity.
- Work collaboratively to create a comprehensive, rolling programme of communications to engage all stakeholders as we transition through recovery phases, providing the right information at the right time in the right manner.
- Develop a common language and narrative, ensuring key messages are relevant and resonate with each stakeholder group, as well as reflective of current sentiment at each phase
- Demonstrate, with transparency, that the events industry is taking an active role in its own recovery and is ready to manage the safe return of live events
- Reinforce the value of the events industry; the need to safeguard it and why it’s important to prioritise its resurgence
Let's get social:
When posting on social, it would be beneficial to tag other industry related accounts in the images as a means of increasing visibility of the campaign and sharing the reassurance message to a wider, and relevant, audience.
Some good tags to include are as follows: Conference News (conference_news), Exhibition News (@exhibitionnews), Event Industry News (@eventnewsblog) and Visit Britain (@visitbritian), but we also suggest that each of you tag your relevant convention bureaus and council accounts as well as any clients or partners that you feel will help amplify the campaign.
Help us make some noise by scheduling the following post for Thursday 3rd December at 10 am:
Since May, we have collaborated to achieve:
✔️ A successful pilot event, All Secure Expo
✔️ A recognition of ‘business events’ in UK law
✔️ A move towards an official go-date for events
Now, we must come together to support @1IndustryVoice.
Dec 7th 👉🏼 www.aeo.org.uk/project-confidence
One Industry One Voice follow up message for Monday 7th December at 10 am:
We need to remind decision makers who book events of the importance of live event experiences and the value they bring to their businesses, encouraging them to look ahead to 2021 and commit to planning and budgeting for events. What better way to do that than through impactful, memorable imagery and video?
What we need from you for #wecreateexperiences One Day One Message engagement:
Find an image or a short video clip (max 60 seconds & landscape sized) of your favourite and proudest experiences that you’ve helped to create. Please ensure you have the rights to share this content on your own social media accounts or your credit the relevant source, then post it accompanied by the below.
Caption as follows:
The experience of attending a live event is truly unique.
Live events allow you to make connections that would not be possible in a virtual environment.
One of our most memorable event experiences was...
INSERT IMAGE/VIDEO CLIP
ANOTHER WAY TO GET INVOLVED
- Post the following message on your social channels
- Adopt the following badge and use on your websites, email signatures and social profiles to demonstrate your support!
Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram:
Our friends @AEVnews @AEOnews and @ESSAnews are working together to bring organised events back safely.
The events industry creates real value for our economies.
It is so important that it is protected and safeguarded for the future.
We support #ProjectRecovery