This cross association project was created to formulate and implement consistent, timely and relevant communications across the three sides of the events industry – event organisers, venues and suppliers - to inform and engage stakeholders on our work to facilitate the safe resurgence of events, at the earliest opportunity.
- Work collaboratively to create a comprehensive, rolling programme of communications to engage all stakeholders as we transition through recovery phases, providing the right information at the right time in the right manner.
- Develop a common language and narrative, ensuring key messages are relevant and resonate with each stakeholder group, as well as reflective of current sentiment at each phase
- Demonstrate, with transparency, that the events industry is taking an active role in its own recovery and is ready to manage the safe return of live events
- Reinforce the value of the events industry; the need to safeguard it and why it’s important to prioritise its resurgence
- Post the following message on your social channels
- Adopt the following badge and use on your websites, email signatures and social profiles to demonstrate your support!
Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram:
Our friends @AEVnews @AEOnews and @ESSAnews are working together to bring organised events back safely.
The events industry creates real value for our economies.
It is so important that it is protected and safeguarded for the future.
We support #ProjectConfidence ❤️💚💜
Let's get social:
When posting on social, it would be beneficial to tag other industry related accounts in the images as a means of increasing visibility of the campaign and sharing the reassurance message to a wider, and relevant, audience.
Some good tags to include are as follows: Conference News (conference_news), Exhibition News (@exhibitionnews), Event Industry News (@eventnewsblog) and Visit Britain (@visitbritian), but we also suggest that each of you tag your relevant convention bureaus and council accounts as well as any clients or partners that you feel will help amplify the campaign.
Your urgent support is needed:
On 22nd September the Prime Minister announced that the planned reopening of exhibitions, conferences and events on 1 October has been suspended. We (AEO, AEV, ESSA) worked into the night to gain further clarity and to instigate our next move. We are back at the table with DCMS with a clear priority being an industry package to support our sector financially, utilising the pre-existing relationship that has been built and strengthened through this crisis.
We already have members helping us with information being requested by DCMS and we now need you all to help.
DCMS have advised us we have a 48 hour window to make as much noise in Westminster and the way to do this is by contacting your local MP. This letter is for you to send to both your home and your work MPs, the highlighted the areas are for you to complete, but please also feel free to amend and add relevant information on your own business.
Find your local MP here: https://members.parliament.uk/
MP twitter feeds can be found in this document
Download the letter here
Help us make some noise by scheduling the following post on Thursday 24th September at 10am:
As an industry we are at crisis point.
Collaboration with @AEOnews, @AEVnews and @ESSAnews has demonstrated that business events can return safely. But we now face further delays.
@10downingstreet we need you to stand with us & protect our industry. Urgently.
Please post with the accompanying graphic