AEO CELEBRATES ITS 30TH AEO EXCELLENCE AWARDS IN JUNE
The 16th of June 2023 marks the 30th-anniversary celebration of the AEO Excellence Awards, which recognises and celebrates the achievements of event organisers, venues and suppliers throughout the industry.
The event returns to the Grosvenor House, Park Lane, London, with a nod to the 90s to mark the momentous milestone. Â
Categories open for entry, including new additions for 2023 are as follows:
- MARKETING CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR â€“ TRADE
- MARKETING CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR â€“ CONSUMER
- BEST DEI INITIATIVE - NEW
- BEST EVENT LAUNCH
- BEST CONFERENCE
- BEST INTERNATIONAL SHOW ASIA PACIFIC - NEW
- BEST INTERNATIONAL SHOW EUROPE
- BEST INTERNATIONAL SHOW MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA
- BEST INTERNATIONAL SHOW AMERICAS
- ORGANISER TEAM OF THE YEAR
- VENUE TEAM OF THE YEAR
- SUPPLIER TEAM OF THE YEAR
- SERVICE SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR
- BEST CONSUMER SHOW
- BEST UK TRADESHOW (LESS THAN 2,000SQM)
- BEST UK TRADESHOW (2001 â€“ 8,000SQM)
- BEST UK TRADESHOW (MORE THAN 8,000SQM)
- VENUE OF THE YEAR, LESS THAN 20,000SQM
- VENUE OF THE YEAR, MORE THAN 20,000SQM
- UNSUNG HERO
- SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVE AWARD - NEW
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION AWARD
- BEST COMPANY INITIATIVE
Chris Skeith OBE, chief executive of AEO says: â€œIt feels like we celebrated turning 25 just yesterday. Since then, we have overcome hurdles we never thought we would. While challenges are everpresent, this milestone will be a good time to pause and reflect on the progress we've made as an industry - not only in recent times but over the last 30 years.â€'
The AEO will be working closely with headline sponsors, Circdata, GES, and the NEC to bring attendees an unforgettable experience.
Mark Sullivan, head of Circdata says: â€œCircdata continue to be proud to headline sponsor the AEO Excellence Awards on its momentous 30th anniversary. AEO does a fantastic job of serving the industry and its members year on year. We look forward to seeing the shortlists in the coming months, and wish all entrants the best of luck!â€'
Jason Stead, EVP, GES EMEA Exhibitions â€œWe are delighted to continue our headline sponsorship of the AEO Awards as part of our long-term partnership with the AEO. The AEO share our goal of driving the industry forward, working with the entire sector so we can grow together.Â The awards are a cornerstone of our industry and provide the perfect platform to recognise our amazing industry and to showcase our talent, innovation, and dedication."
Kelly Haslehurst, marketing director for NEC Group Conventions and Exhibitions said: â€œIt is a privilege for the NEC to support the AEO Excellence Awards as a headline sponsor for the eighth year running. It's been amazing to see how our industry has overcome the biggest challenges and bounced back over the last year with so many fantastic shows. The AEO Excellence Awards provides an opportunity to celebrate those successes and showcase the incredible live events we all deliver together, as venues, organisers, suppliers and colleagues.â€'