Quick tips: How to make your event more sustainable
A few simple to roll out ideas that can help you make your events more sustainable. From staff to visitors, from build to breakdown, there's always a little way to make a big difference.
An industry initiative to address climate change
At COP26 in November 2021, world leaders met to present how their countries will achieve the 50% reduction in carbon emissions by 2030 in order to deliver on the Paris Agreement. During this meeting, the Net Zero Carbon Events Pledge was launched setting out the events industry’s commitment to play its role in addressing climate change.
What does this mean?
The Net Zero Carbon Events initiative aims to bring together a wide range of industry stakeholders to:
- Jointly communicate our industry’s commitment to tackling climate change and driving towards net zero by 2050.
- Develop common methodologies for measuring the industry’s direct, indirect and supply chain greenhouse gas emissions.
- Construct an industry-wide roadmap towards net zero by 2050, and emissions reductions by 2030 in line with the Paris Agreement, with support and guidance on key issues.
- Foster collaboration with suppliers and customers to ensure alignment and common approaches.
- Establish common mechanisms for reporting progress and sharing best practice.