Trade Marketing Manager - Design Shanghai
- Closing date: 01-Aug-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sarah Dynan
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
- Brands: Design Shanghai and Design China Beijing
- Reporting Manager: Senior Marketing Manager, Design Shanghai and Design China Beijing
- Extensive Market Research to ensure Design Shanghai is a leader in its field focussing on trade Media Partners, industry associations, and trade visitor and buyer promotion using a variety of methods including visiting competitor shows, attending industry events and conference.
- Prepare e-newsletters to drive trade visitors to the show
- Be the data keeper for your event.
Trade Visitor Campaign
- Deliver a comprehensive and successful Trade Visitor Campaign
Buyer promotion campaign
- Understanding the existing resources for trade visitor promotion and develop a pre-show promotion plan to increase the number of trade visitors to the show.
- Execute hosted buyer promotion campaign and be able to provide reports regularly.
- Identify and secure essential trade media partnerships and other third party promotional partnerships, delivering strategies to maximise their support for the trade and buyer visitors.
- Maintain existing relationship with the industry association partners, communicate with them regularly with regards to marketing strategy, to keep all contact lists updated, and draft future partnership agreements.
- Brainstorming new and innovative marketing solutions to target trade visitor and buyer.
Buyer data management
- Manage trade and buyer data sources in line with the marketing strategy.
- Manage the existing buyers’ data, to keep the information updated and correct.
- Find new data that focuses on hosted buyers program, trade data and key industry contacts.
Drive the Hosted Buyer Programme
- Manage the Hosted Buyers Program team to ensure they are working to the required specifications.
- Proof relevant materials to support the hosted buyer programme, including schedule, calling script, show information, welcoming emails and etc.
- Post show reviews, reconciliations and analysis of trade campaign.
- Report to the Senior Marketing Manager and Event Director on a weekly basis to update them on marketing strategy.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Committed to continuous self-development and learning within the marketing field
- A natural leader and motivator
- Lead from the front and set the standard
- A relationship builder
- Confident in-front of high level clients and presenting
- A strategic and proactive thinker and planner
- Organised with an eye for detail
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Able to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Self-motivated with an ability to thrive under pressure
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker