Senior Sales Executive - Enthusiast
- Closing date: 31-Mar-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
A vacancy has arisen within Clarion Events for the role of Senior Sales Executive within the Motoring Portfolio. The role will be reporting into a Sales Manager.
The Motoring Portfolio includes:
- The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show with Discovery, the UK’s biggest and best classic car show and Europe’s largest car club event
- The Practical Classics Restoration and Classic Car Show with Discovery, the UK biggest ‘season opener’ show covering the restoration and maintenance of classic cars
- Race Retro Powered by Motorsport, the UK’s only event providing a pre-season meeting place for the historic motorsport racing and enthusiast community
- National Car Club Awards in association with Tourism Ireland – the UK’s premier event - recognising and awarding our nations car clubs
The events are high profile market leaders; collectively they cover over 150,000 Sqm of gross floor space, have circa 3300 cars and vehicles on display, 1300 exhibitors, attract over 110,000 visitors and host 380 car clubs.
The ideal candidate will be driven and determined to achieve stand sales, revenue targets and YoY growth. They will be assertive and confident, combined with an excellent customer service.
- At the heart of this role is the sales function. Its success will be determined by the sourcing and contracting of new business and by the management of incremental growth from existing business.
- Tele-Sales calls to existing and potential exhibitors in order to meet and surpass sales revenue targets.
- Sourcing relevant and show enhancing new business across the portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team.
- Handling enquiries on the telephone, by email and by post, producing mailings and general office correspondence.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth.
- Collating and producing sales plans and reports as required.
- Accurately recording sales on the Salesforce system.
- Visiting clients when necessary/ appropriate – with other team members.
- Visiting relevant UK based exhibitions and occasional international events to source new business and maintain existing business relationships.
- Maintaining key customer care objectives.
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high and accurate standard and in a timely manner including floor plan, show guide, contracts and revenue administration
- Working on site during the build-up, open period and breakdown.
- Acting as a support to the sales team and broader team effort.
- Resolving exhibitor conflicts and objection handling both in the office and on-site.
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, operations and finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the show.
- Liaison with the finance department to assist in debt collection where necessary.
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a professional manner.
Knowledge, skills and personal attributes:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the sales process needed to open, discuss and then close a deal.
- Demonstrates a hardworking and conscientious approach to sales.
- Salesforce experience preferred but not essential.
- Works well under positive direction but has the ability to self-motivate.
- Confident, determined, creative and positive approach to problem solving.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- A hunger to reach and exceed targets.
- An assertive and ‘can do’ approach.
- Works calmly under pressure.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Is proficient in Word, Excel, Power-Point.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.