Senior Sales Executive - Enthusiast
- Closing date: 29-Feb-2020
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Sales Executive to work primarily on two of the UK’s leading consumer shows and sell across the Summer and Winter Olympia Art & Antiques Fairs.
The renowned Art & Antiques Fair Olympia takes place in June and is co-located with the House & Garden Festival and the Winter Art & Antiques Fair Olympia runs alongside Spirit of Christmas. The role will also involve selling across the different sectors within the House & Garden Festival and Spirit of Christmas.
The Olympia fairs are an important fixture in the art and antiques market and have a global reputation renowned for the broad base of affordable, rare and exquisite items for sale and the elegant look of the fair. With many dealers only exhibiting at these events in the UK
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to have an input in the future success of this fantastic portfolio of events, hone their skills and develop as a sales professional in a vibrant, energetic and successful team.
The ideal candidate will be assertive and confident, with excellent customer service, along with a practiced sales ability. They will have a hunger to reach and exceed set targets and adopt a tenacious ‘can do’ approach to creative problem solving. The ideal candidate will also be able to work calmly to a consistent high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure, and have the ability to multi-task whilst managing work load across two different markets.
- At the heart of this role is the sales function. Its success will be determined by the sourcing and contracting of new business and by the management of incremental growth from existing business.
- Tele-Sales calls to existing and potential exhibitors in order to meet and beat sales revenue targets across a portfolio of brands.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team.
- Personal high sales behaviors demonstrated on Salesforce.
- Ability to vet/be selective and source appropriate new exhibitors that fit with the brand values of the events and target audience.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales.
- Sourcing relevant and show enhancing new business across the portfolio.
- Handling enquiries on the telephone, by email and producing mailings and general office correspondence.
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, operations and finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the shows.
- Collating and producing sales plans and reports as required.
- Resolving exhibitor conflicts both in the office and on site.
- Maintaining key customer care objectives.
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high and accurate standard and in a timely manner.
- Acting as a support to the sales effort including other Senior Sales Executive, Show Manager & Show Director.
- Attending industry functions when required (including occasional weekends) and visiting relevant UK and international based exhibitions.
- Visiting clients when necessary/ appropriate with other team members.
- Liaison with the finance department to assist in deposit collection where necessary.
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Solid and proven results/experience as a Senior Sales Executive level.
- Experience within exhibitions is desirable.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of events and the sales process needed to contract exhibitors.
- Knowledge of a CRM system would be advantageous, in particular Salesforce.
- Be able to work calmly to a consistent high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure.
- Understands the benefits of face-to-face customer engagement, which is the bedrock of exhibition sales.
- Demonstrates a hardworking and conscientious approach to sales, with a keen eye for detail.
- Is proficient in Word, Excel, Power-Point and has good written and oral communication skills.
- Works well under positive direction but has the ability to self-motivate.
- Creative and positive approach to problem solving.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.