Senior Producer - EnergyNet
- Closing date: 31-Mar-20
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Project Manager
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, Uk
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work in two of the most exciting and fastest growing sectors in the world- Africa and Latin America's power sectors.
The role requires strong production and project management skills. The Senior Producer will be responsible for producing their own conferences as well as project managing the team to deliver high level events across EnergyNet's portfolio's in Latin America and Africa. The role involves working alongside the production, marketing, and sales teams to ensure the events achieve their goals and targets and meets the needs of the audience and sponsors. The Senior Producer is also required to guide and inspire producers and work with them to ensure timelines are met to a high standard.
- Work towards managing and leading a high quality portfolio of events focused on the development of the power sector.
- Lead the project and your teams – including production, sponsorship sales, marketing and delegate sales to deliver high quality and commercially successful events.
- Manage the production team to ensure timelines are met.
- Conduct in-depth market and industry research over the phone and in person to develop strong topical event agendas.
- Investigate and generate new topic ideas in alignment with global and regional trends, and provide direction to the conference content.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, shareholders, committee members, advisors, associations and senior government representatives including Ministers.
- Work with Group Director on producing and delivering EnergyNet's flagship event – The Africa Energy Forum (aef).
- Work with MD and Group Director to produce strategy for future direction of the events.
- Manage long term supporters as well as connect with and build relationships with new clients, speakers and media partners.
- Work with the marketing team in the successful promotion of the two portfolios.
- Write promotional copy for the event programs.
- Work with and direct the sponsorship team and delegate sales team to ensure commercial targets are met.
- Work with the MD and Group Director to manage the budget for the event.
- Excellent management of conference onsite, including dealing with speakers and delegates and logistical arrangements to ensure flawless delivery of the event.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a similar role producing high level conferences with demonstrable success in growing both the delegate and sponsorship revenue through the production of commercial programs.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of French and Spanish (plus but not required).
- Strong project management skills.
- Strategic thinking and forward planning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge of relevant sector, digital marketing and new technologies a plus, but not required.
- Must be highly organized.
- Team player.
- Dedication, commitment and strong work ethic.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required.
- Strong relationship developer, will be able to develop larger advisory boards of senior industry buyers and leverage these relationships to drive commerciality of the program.
- A strong copy writer, able to clearly communicate an effective value proposition across their team.
- Proven experience in developing new topics and launching events profitably.
- Proactive, results driven, and highly motivated.
- Ability to lead and motivate your project team.
The EnergyNet team is made up of around 25 dynamic people who are all passionate about the work we do in a supportive, collaborative, and fun environment.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.