Senior Operations Manger - Digital Marketing
- Closing date: 30-Sep-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Alana Jones
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: Alana.Jones@ClarionEvents.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
Clarion’s Digital Marketing portfolio is on a mission to create the largest gathering of digital marketers in the world. We are the fastest growing portfolio in Clarion and embrace innovation, mistakes and new ideas. We aim to put the customer at the heart of all decision making.
The major brands in the portfolio are Traffic & Conversion Summit and Affiliate Summit. Our events are unrivalled in size and market share.
T&C is the largest digital marketing event in North America.
Affiliate Summit is the number one conference and tradeshow for the performance marketing industry internationally. The flagship Affiliate Summit show in Vegas brings together more than 6000 attendees.
This is a new role, created to manage our Asia and European portfolio. Affiliate Summit is running it’s 3rd European show and 2nd Asia show this year and in 2020, we will begin launching T&C in Europe.
The role will involve working closely with the Global Operations team, wider UK Team and key stakeholders to deliver exceptional events in Europe including launching T&C in Europe. The candidate should have worked in a previous operational role with experience in managing all vendors and leading small conferences and exhibitions.
- Event lead on our Digital Marketing Portfolio for Asia and European events
- Manage the operational delivery of the conferences & exhibitions from conception to completion
- Compile comprehensive operations plans for each event
- Create RFPs to find the best event partners for show delivery, source and negotiation supplier contracts
- Compile and manage Service Level Agreements for contractors and suppliers
- Work with suppliers and build relationships to cost contain, fulfil event requirements, meet deadlines and ensure all contract concessions are fulfilled
- Responsible for ordering and managing operational deliverables including but not limited to: Catering, Rigging, Audio Visual, Carpet, Furniture, IT, Electrics, Security and Stand Fitting/Design
- Create and design functional and inspiring feature areas to gain revenue
- Creative and develop improved sponsorship offerings for sales team to drive additional revenue
- Develop the ‘look’ of the exhibition and improve the customer experience for visitors and exhibitors
- Develop and implement security and traffic schedules for relevant events
- Manage appropriate staffing levels onsite including Clarion team and temp staff
- Provide staff onsite documentation and deliver effective briefings where required
- Create floor plan and manage day-to-day updates in line with sales; ensuring we meet revenue target and fulfil H&S requirements
- Set, forecast and reconcile budgets for Europe and Asia events; work with ED & HOO to meet targets
- Encourage Global operations team to pro-actively save costs at all times, be creative and think outside the box
- Create a cash flow forecast for finance team to manage and make timely payments to vendors/suppliers
- Produce exhibitor manual and technical information for our Client Success Manager to manage our exhibitors and sponsors
- Create detailed risk assessments for each event, monitor and control all H&S onsite; attend regular training to ensure we are compliant
- Design, co-ordinate and manage all production schedule for move-out/move out; oversee build and manage suppliers
- Monitor H&S and GDPR practices pre-show and onsite; ensure Clarion are compliant
- Collaborate with ED and HOO to delivery overall event strategy and operations plan
- Put the customer first! Build event & industry knowledge and provide exceptional customer service to attendees, speakers, sponsors & exhibitors
- Innovate at all times; develop new ideas to improve the event experience
- Responsible for delivering EU fringe events; including sourcing & delivery
- Work with Marketing & Client Success Manager to manage app delivery, sponsorship fulfilment and any other onsite requirements
- Post show evaluation, analysis of operational delivery; write reports and create new deliverables for future shows
- Attend internal training and external events to keep abreast with the market
- Coach and mentor the Global Operations Team, provide ongoing support and training; encourage the team to improve performance and delivery
- Support HOO in delivering USA shows; working closely with Global Operations team to support the shows
- Lead by example - implement best practices and streamline processes
- Build strong relationships with Stakeholders internally and externally
- Meet strategic event objectives - working with Event Directors, Co-Founders and other team departments
- Support Head of Operations with ad-hoc tasks and projects where required.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Solid previous exhibition experience
- Experience in leading small-medium size conference and exhibitions
- Experience in negotiating, contracting and managing with vendors/suppliers
- Budget and cost containment experience
- Strong health & safety knowledge– experience in compiling risk assessment
- IOSH qualification preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Efficient in working in a fast paced environment, utilizing strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Organized and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Confident and able to lead from the front
- Excellent communication skills, utilized for negotiating and managing stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Self-motivator and able to take responsibility
- Fast learner and adaptable
- Problem solver and able to use initiative
- Calm under pressure
- Creative and innovative
- Passionate about events and customer delivery
- Able to travel and work longer hours where required.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.