Senior Operations Manager - Gaming
- Closing date: 31-Aug-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
We are Clarion Gaming. We are a charismatic and enthusiastic team who love different, never settle for second, embrace trust & loyalty, strive to make things better & believe in what we do.
A vacancy has arisen within the Operations team for a Senior Operations Manager to work on the Gaming Portfolio; working on large scale exhibitions and conferences whilst managing a team of two Operations Executives.
- Manage the overall operations of medium-large conferences and exhibitions from concept to delivery whilst ensuring the delivery is effective and successful.
- Oversee the Operations team for each assigned event.
- Compile comprehensive plans for each event.
- Oversee the delivery of all exhibitor and speaker fulfillment by Operations team.
- Communicate effectively with exhibitors, contractors, suppliers, the team and venue.
- Create and design functional and inspiring feature areas that add value to the event and create revenue generating opportunities.
- Create and develop improved sponsorship offerings for sales team to drive additional revenue.
- Develop the ‘look’ of the exhibition and improve the customer experience for visitors and exhibitors.
- Manage venues, catering, signage, rigging, IT, AV, temp staff, furniture and other suppliers/orders. Support Ops Execs to do the same.
- Develop and implement security and traffic schedules for relevant events.
- Manage appropriate staffing levels onsite including Clarion team and temp staff.
- Liaise with Marketing and Registration team to fulfill all onsite requirements.
- Provide staff onsite documentation and deliver effective briefings where required.
- Respond quickly and calmly to requests from exhibitors and contractors in the office and onsite.
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders both internally and externally.
Management, coaching and mentoring
- Day to day management of 2 x Operations Executives (OE).
- Set clear goals, objectives and complete appraisals for direct reports.
- As a senior figure, coach and mentor the wider Operations team, providing on-going support and training.
- Encourage Operations team to improve performance and push for personal development.
- Lead by example, implementing any necessary processes and introducing best practices throughout the team.
- Support Head of Operations (HOO) with ad-hoc tasks and projects where required.
- Encourage team to be guided by Clarion Brand values
Team working and development
- Collaborate with Event Director to achieve overall event objectives.
- Liaise with all departments including Design, Production, Marketing and Sales.
- Chair/participate in regular internal team meetings as well as external client meetings.
- Engage and contribute in the company’s Operations Group and away days.
- Manage internal and external meetings and follow up correspondence.
- Stay up to date with industry developments on H&S regulations including E/G-guides.
- Plan/attend training courses where relevant.
- At all times representing Clarion Gaming in a professional manner.
- Support HOO and wider team with any team based tasks.
Health & Safety
- Design and manage event floor plans to meet revenue targets and H&S regulations.
- Design and coordinate, delivery build and pullout schedules for all suppliers.
- Liaise with exhibition services provider to ensure show is built to correct plan and specifications.
- Complete event profiles and risk assessments for HOO and Event Director review.
- Approve all space only stand plans to ensure they comply with Clarion stand build rules & E-guide / G Guide regulations.
- Work with contractors and venues - ensure build meets H&S and venues regulations.
- Monitor and control health and safety onsite working with H&S officers.
- Support Ops Execs with H&S documentation as required.
- Provide post show evaluation reports and implement changes with the support of the Event Director/HOO.
Finance and contracting
- Management of event costs and budgets to agreed targets.
- Set, forecast and reconcile budgets for events where required.
- Ensure accurate timely communication of cash flow for Operations.
- Research and negotiate costs to choose the best suppliers.
- Encourage Operations team to pro-actively save costs at all times.
- Contract negotiation with venues, catering, AV and other suppliers where applicable.
- Oversee and manage relevant supplier commission agreement and update budgets.
- Manage contractors/suppliers including sourcing and appointing with approval of HOO.
- Compile and managing Service Level Agreements for contractors and suppliers.
- Evaluate suppliers and drive regular tenders to achieve budget and strategy objectives.
- Ensure events run smoothly, on budget, professionally and to a high standard.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Proven managerial experience, leading and developing staff members.
- Extensive experience in the exhibition industry.
- Prior experience in dealing with senior level managers within a business.
- Financial and cost management experience.
- Stand plan approval experience in line with organizer’s site rules.
- Experience in negotiation, contracting and working with a number of suppliers.
- Proven management experience including recruitment and setting objectives.
- Health & Safety Course qualification – minimum IOSH certified.
- Understanding of operational, venue and local authority procedures.
- Confident with strong communication skills, utilized for dealing with a broad range of people at every level and having excellent customer service.
- Effective in remaining remain calm in busy and stressful environments.
- Ability to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure.
- Organised and methodical with high attention to detail.
- Effective time management, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility, as well as being able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Prepared to work long hours and weekends during peak periods.
- Available to travel Worldwide.
The Gaming team is a group of enthusiastic individuals driven by the following values:
We love the unexpected:
- We’re adventurous and willing to try new things
- We embrace and drive change
- We aim to surprise and delight
We’re open and happy to share:
- We engage with stakeholders outside the event
- We build sharing communities
- We embrace others ideas
We’re committed to caring:
- We take personal responsibility to get things done
- We always think about every step of the experience
- We strive to understand and meet customers’ needs
We continuously learn:
- We actively seek inspiration from all quarters
- We constantly strive to improve what we do and how we do it
- We help learning lead to growth