Senior Operations Executive - Gaming
- Closing date: 30-Sep-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
We have an exciting opportunity in the Gaming team for a Senior Operations Executive. The role will be to manage the operations for conferences and exhibitions for the gaming portfolio.
- To manage the operational delivery of a number of events worldwide per year from conception to completion.
- Management of event costs to ensure events are delivered to set and agreed budgets.
- Mentor to junior Operations Executives.
- Manage contractors and suppliers including sourcing and appointing new contractors to ensure centralised buying opportunities are maximized.
- Contract negotiation with venues and other suppliers looking at where we can increase commissions across all events.
- Accurate and timely communication of cash flow for all operations costs.
- Deliver sponsor and exhibitor benefits and fulfillment of all packages as sold by the portfolios: stands, branding, bags, etc.
- Designing and managing floor plans - Understand the principles of floor plan design, to include venue rules and health and safety parameters, and ensure these are incorporated. Responsibility for the accuracy of floor plans at all stages.
- Space only stand plan approvals with Operations Manager support.
- Project work such as designing and managing feature areas.
- Manage all orders such as catering, furniture hire, signage, AV, IT, feature areas, venue liaison, staffing, registration, signage, stand fitting, carpet and electrics.
- Organise speaker logistics and manage all Infrastructure requirements to ensure that the conference programmes run smoothly.
- Organise exhibitors and sponsors logistics to ensure all sponsor and exhibitor packages are
- fulfilled as sold by the portfolios.
- Production and timely communication of correct and detailed technical information for exhibitors.
- Respond quickly and calmly to requests from speakers, sponsors and exhibitors pre-event and onsite.
- Working closely with the Event Directors, Producers, Sales, Marketing and other Operations team members to seamlessly deliver the event.
- To arrange travel and hotel arrangements for staff and speakers within a pre-set budget.
- To maintain good levels of communication between speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and the rest of the team before and during the event.
- Attend meetings with internal team members, contractors and venues and contribute as necessary to add value to the event.
- Email communication to contractors & exhibitors to include show information.
- Creating and developing exhibitor manuals, sponsorship / sales packs & delegate guides.
- Fulfilling all budgetary requirements in fulfilling the given show elements as listed above. To include raising purchase orders, updating budget sheets, obtaining final costs and signing off invoices.
- Actively involved on the show floor during all periods of tenancy.
- Ensuring all contractors are fulfilling their obligations and that the show is built correctly against all relevant plans and schedules.
- Developing a thorough understanding of health & safety principles and ensuring all parties are in compliance. Assisting with all show health & safety related documentation and constantly looking to improve knowledge and experience in this area.
- Involvement in post-show analysis and reporting; reviewing achievements and processes and making recommendations for future improvements.
- Assisting the operations team with any other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Participate in the company’s Operations Group.
- Attending relevant training as required, including health & safety training.
- Ad hoc administration tasks as required by Operations Managers and Head of Operations.
- Methodical filing and record keeping.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Knowledge and understanding of venue contract and terms and conditions and terminology.
- Speaker, VIP, sponsor or exhibitor management experience.
- Experience working with hotels and/or venues.
- Financial/budgetary control experience.
- Experience managing travel arrangements.
- Strong social and communication skills; with the ability to deal with a broad range of people and work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Organised and methodical, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Effective problem solver, with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Adaptable, with the ability to become familiar with a variety of web based applications.
- Available to travel worldwide.
The Gaming team is a group of enthusiastic individuals driven by the following values:
We love the unexpected:
- We’re adventurous and willing to try new things
- We embrace and drive change
- We aim to surprise and delight
We’re open and happy to share:
- We engage with stakeholders outside the event
- We build sharing communities
- We embrace others ideas
We’re committed to caring:
- We take personal responsibility to get things done
- We always think about every step of the experience
- We strive to understand and meet customers’ needs
We continuously learn:
- We actively seek inspiration from all quarters
- We constantly strive to improve what we do and how we do it
- We help learning lead to growth
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.