Senior Marketing Manager
- Closing date: 13-Mar-2021
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Daisy Krais
- Location: London - High Street Kensington
- Company name: dmg events
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.dmgevents.com/
About Us – dmg events
dmg events is an international exhibitions and publishing company. We attract more than 425,000 visitors to our global portfolio of 80 exhibitions each year. Through our global events, our aim is simple. We want to accelerate business through face-to-face events, which is why we work so hard to bring people together, creating opportunities for them to network, learn and do business.
dmg events is part of the Daily Mail Group Trust (DMGT). DMGT Manages a diverse, multinational portfolio of companies with total revenues of £2bn, that provide businesses and consumers with compelling information, analysis, insight, events, news and entertainment.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing effective marketing strategies and campaign plans for international trade exhibitions and conferences in the energy sector. Using traditional and innovative marketing techniques, the Senior Marketing Manager will support the drive to attract sponsors, exhibitors, delegates, visitors, and media.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be the marketing lead for the specific event(s) they are allocated to. The successful applicant must have exhibition experience and working knowledge across all marketing channels including website and user experience, design and digital/print collaterals, data, EDMs, content, social media and digital marketing. Market research and analytics are a must to ensure campaign plans evolve year on year in line with the growth plans of the events. The Senior Marketing Manager will lead a team of marketeers to deliver the complex campaign plan, across multiple verticals for the event.
This role works closely with event exhibition sales and sponsorship team, conference production team and the delegate sales team to generate leads and conversions. The Senior Marketing Manager will also work with the senior management team across functions such as technology or data that sit outside of the core events team. Within the events team you must manage your generalist team and work with digital and content specialists to deliver campaigns through all marketing channels.
- Develop a marketing strategy and create and implement an integrated campaign plan for the event including exhibitor, delegate and visitor campaigns
- Develop plan for lead generation and engage with each team to ensure optimisation of campaign plans throughout the event cycle
- Forecast and monitor budget and negotiate with suppliers
- Manage Marketing Manager/Marketing Executive(s) in the execution of the marketing plan, ensuring they reach their full potential
- Work with external suppliers to produce key marketing materials in print, digital and video
- Website management with 3rd parties, user experience, analytics, and content
- Manage Social Media (organic and paid) and digital including SEO, PPC, geofencing, etc
- Media Plan – PR, media buying, media partnership agreements (broadcast, associations, trade publications), media registration and onsite management
- Manage 3rd party elements and integrations such as mobile app, event registration, exhibitor manual, networking platforms, survey’s and market research
- Activate an advocacy plan to be used digitally and via a marketing kit for all stakeholders to use and promote the affiliation with Gastech to their networks.
Skills and Experience Required
We are seeking an individual with a real passion for marketing and events. You will be organised and efficient and with a pro-active approach to work, the successful candidate will be able to work under their own initiative to complete tasks on time and within budget.
The successful individual must have used more than approx. 70% of the tools used by dmg events or have proven experience of using an alternative for an events business.
- ESP – Hubspot, Adestra, Everlytic email composition and analysis
- CRM/database – Salesforce for campaign management
- Social Media Channels/ Hootsuite – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube (content creation, sponsored posts, analytics, and effectiveness)
- Registration – InfoSalons, N200, Form Assembly (including Social Amplification though InGo or Gleanin)
- Website – CMS (Umbraco, TYPO3, WordPress or similar) plus experience of design and user experience (working with 3rd parties)
- Google Suite
- Advocacy & exhibitor remarketing
- App management, networking platforms, content delivery platforms (webinar etc)
- 5 years’ experience in mid manager level marketing; exhibition marketing is a must.
- Marketing Qualification is advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organisation.
- Good time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work accordingly.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Good leadership skills
You have experience in:
- Strategy creation and critical path analysis
- Experience in the use of databases in both mass and targeted direct marketing campaigns
- Experience managing the production of mobile apps and online registration systems
- People management
- Website Management and User Experience
- Excellent writing skills, including proof reading and messaging
- Marketing Automation, Lead Generation and Lead Scoring
- Big Data Analysis from multiple sources
- Budget management, including budgetary responsibility for decision making relating to a wide variety of potential marketing channels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organisation
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Be part of the biggest media organisation in UK
- Free access to onsite gym and medical facilities.
- Working in our amazing London office in High Street Kensington.
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Access to the DMGT benefits portal with hundreds of discounts on high street shops and restaurants.
- Monthly Social events with the rest of the team as well as Summer and Christmas parties
- Flexible working
- Opportunities for travel across and work in our international events and office
- 25 Days annual Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Continual service enhanced packages
- Life Assurance
- Pension plan