Senior Marketing Manager - Oil & Gas
- Closing date: 15-Feb-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing portfolio of oil and gas sector conferences. We are looking for an experienced event marketer to be part of an exciting portfolio that includes some of the world’s largest oil and gas conferences.
Supported by the Marketing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and implementation of global marketing campaigns of the highest standard delivered on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will be highly creative and an excellent team player with the ability to organise their time to manage multiple projects.
The candidate will have previous extensive experience with management oversight, marketing and communications, as well as a focus on building and executing industry-specific ABM strategies.
Key Strategic Goals
• Develop and implement ABM strategy for top 50 clients
• Develop and implement a global referral campaign strategy
• Develop and implement a global pricing strategy best focussed on yield growth
• Ensuring uniformity of all global social media campaigns
• Increase Pardot optimisation/conversation rates by 2% within 18 months
• Deliver on lead generation KPIs for sales team through Pardot, and reporting weekly to management team
• Deliver superior retention rates through a combination of marketing strategies
• Deliver the appropriate buy and sell-side audience for events marketed directly or through team
• Focus on improving quality of audience; and ensure we develop new propositions for and relationships with, key audience current clients and target clients in order to grow their engagement
• Deliver the appropriate volume and value of leads and prospects for each brand in the most cost-effective way possible.
• Oversee and optimise the lead pipeline, from prospect to sales-ready lead, through to sales conversion.
• Work with Pardot and Data teams to create and manage lead scoring models that help prioritise sales activity and optimise conversion.
Systems and Processes
• Deliver weekly marketing Pardot lead generation report and KPIs to CEO, Managing and Marketing Directors
• Provide accurate reporting of KPIs and activity performance (weekly, monthly and ad-hoc)
• Ensure team compliance to marketing planning cycle (marketing plan, exprom/comproms, delegate and sponsorship data for respective campaigns)
• Work with Marketing Director to oversee the marketing budget for the portfolio, ensuring this delivers the required commercial results and ROI and in line with strategic goals.
- Oil and Gas/Energy/Finance sector knowledge preferable
- Confex experience preferable
- Strong experience of working with sales and content teams to improve sales and marketing alignment, and sales and marketing processes, including but not limited to sales and marketing planning, and lead generation and management.
- Experience in lead scoring, lead nurture, automation and Salesforce.com highly desirable.
- Proven experience of (and demonstrated aptitude for) all aspects of digital marketing, including CRM, email & mobile, social media, websites, search and online advertising.
- High level understanding of GDPR and data laws.
- Ability to use data for decision-making in combination with intuition, common sense and judgment
- Ability to work independently, take direction from others, solve problems with limited supervision, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Experienced A/B Testing, Analytics and marketing automation
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences including executive management
- Detail-oriented team player with cross-functional project leadership and strong team management skill
- Proficiency in content management systems and content governance process
- Experience managing online advertising campaigns
- Experience developing integrated demand generation strategies and executing campaigns with a proven record of supporting sales to meet and exceed pipeline and revenue targets
- Thorough knowledge of company’s products
- A rounded, thorough understanding of the full range of marketing communication tools
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Financial awareness
- Research and Analysis
- Brand creation and management
- Measures Effectiveness
- Presentation skills to high level business audiences
- Attention to detail