Senior Marketing Executive role
- Closing date: 18-Jun-2021
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Felicity Fieldsend
- Location: Brighton
- Company name: Diversified Communications UK
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01273645110
- Website: https://www.divcom.co.uk/careers/
Senior Marketing Executive – Diversified Business Communications: Brighton Office, UK
Full-time, permanent role
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Executive to join our busy, hard-working but fun marketing department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their marketing career. This is a varied role covering all elements of the marketing mix, but we are particularly looking for someone skilled at writing creatively for different audiences, who is also highly organised, digitally savvy, and confident in communicating with business professionals.
The successful candidate will work within a collaborative team to deliver publications, industry awards, and trade events in the coach, bus, and group tourism sector.
Diversified Communications UK is part of a rapidly growing, highly successful trade exhibition and media group. Our head office is in Portland, Maine, USA.
We successfully organise 17 trade shows and 3 industry awards, all of which are leaders in their given sector. We are also publishers of two leading trade magazines and produce a range of digital products that support the industries we serve.
Over 80 highly motivated and talented people work in our Brighton office, all focused on creating the best possible face to face, digital and editorial experiences for our customers.
We pride ourselves on our working culture, that combines an entrepreneurial, 'can-do', attitude with a hardworking, but fun environment. Our modern offices are conveniently located 5 minutes from Brighton station, and our teams are the best in the business.
The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate exhibitor, visitor, advertiser, and subscriber marketing activity. This includes:
- Creating campaign and content schedules to support marketing plans.
- Copy writing and proof reading for all elements of the campaign such as emails, blogs, external editorial, newsletters, websites, social media, and press releases.
- Building and sending promotional emails (HTML training will be provided).
- Creating and updating web content and pages (knowledge of Wordpress a bonus)
- Fulfilment of advertising and direct mail schedules, including briefing the design department for creative specs and managing copy deadlines.
- Assisting with the development of the online exhibitor manual and meeting planner systems.
- Assisting with the VIP Programme to attract high spending, high profile buyers to shows.
- Creating, scheduling and posting social media communications.
- Sourcing and liaising with external suppliers as required.
- Assisting with database building and management.
- Handling customer enquiries.
- Participating onsite in the running of live events.
The ideal candidate will have three-four years’ solid marketing experience or a degree in marketing.
You will have a positive “can-do-attitude” with the ability to remain calm under pressure. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must, with the ability to manage various projects at one time.
- A marketing degree or equivalent qualification.
- 3-4 years’ marketing experience.
- A skilled copy writer with a proven ability to create engaging digital content.
- A high level of organisational skills, with a methodical approach.
- Confidence using social media and knowledge of digital marketing techniques.
- Clear and confident communication skills.
- A positive attitude and ability to self-start.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- A high level of computer literacy including the Office 365 suite, particularly Excel.
What you need to know…
- Competitive salary negotiable depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum plus Bank Holidays.
- Matched Pension contribution.
- Excellent company benefits including healthcare cover, life insurance and critical illness cover as well as gym membership & classes contribution and cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working hours available.
- A great working environment with lots of social activities.
- Start Date: ASAP.