Senior Marketing Executive - Retail
- Closing date: 31-Mar-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
A great opportunity has arisen within Clarion Retail for a Senior Marketing Executive to work on the flagship shows in the retail portfolio. The successful candidate will help plan, organise and execute the large-scale, year round marketing campaigns for Top Drawer Spring & Autumn and Home & Gift shows.
Top Drawer is the UK’s biggest and most design-focused gift trade show. Running for over 30 years, this biannual exhibition brings together over 1,000 of the latest on-trend lifestyle brands in London, organised into five distinct show sectors: Gift, Fashion Accessories, Greetings & Stationery, Children’s and Wellbeing – making it the ultimate destination for high-end designers and buyers. Held in Spring and Autumn, Top Drawer is UK’s leading destination for design led homeware and interior accessories.
Established for 57 years and held in the beautiful town of Harrogate Home & Gift is the industry’s best loved buying event offering buyers the first opportunity to source new and unique autumn/winter products from an inspirational edit of design-led and everyday brands, unrivalled networking opportunities and unmissable advice from industry experts all in one unique, summer setting.
- Develop, manage and deliver the event’s marketing campaign schedule on time and within budget
- Analysis of entire marketing cycle - online and offline e.g. email campaigns, social media, DM etc.
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every project
- Communicate to, maintain and build client relations with key partners, sponsors and exhibitors
- Manage creative (on and offline assets) through all stages of design, proofing and production
- Define and write campaign/ creative briefs based on the marketing plan
- Help drive online traffic with web-related campaigns (SEO, SEM, Google ad words, PPC)
- Track and manage an engaging and creative social media campaign.
- Plan and build the media schedule for trade press
- Manage and maintain show website with regular updates
- Maintain and update information to enable marketing performance measurement, tracking and reporting
- Copy write and create unique content across all marketing communications
- Write and produce e-shots, e-newsletters and all year round communications
- Follow up all with all exhibitors, associations, and third parties promotional activity
- Develop new initiatives to extend the reach of the show
- Co-ordinate creative campaigns e.g. photo shoots, feature areas, product call ins
- Co-ordinate exhibitor co-marketing campaign and handle visitor enquiries
- Manage and select data for emails and mailings.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Solid understanding of the core event marketing disciplines, what each can deliver and their implementation.
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing technologies including HTML, website CMS, analytics, tracking, PPC and social media.
- Previous experience of website CMS use.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills with an ability to work independently and contribute in a collaborative team environment.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, creative, assertive and confident.
- A tenacious ‘can do’ approach to work, with a hunger to reach and exceed targets.
- Calm under pressure, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Analytical and able to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Commercial acumen.
- Highly organised, good attention to detail and capable of multi-tasking.
- Financial awareness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.