Senior Marketing Executive
- Closing date: 06-Sep-2019
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Jessica John-Paul
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.closerstillmedia.com/
About us: CloserStill is a dynamic, fast growing company that owns some of the UK’s most successful trade shows. All our events have significant growth both in sales and delegate attendance and this is no accident. We have a team of the most dedicated and talented people in the industry, and award winning marketers.
We’re the world’s most awarded, dynamic and disruptive events and exhibitions organiser, working across more than x countries and serving dozens of specialist professional communities. We are in an exciting period growth and innovation with the implementation of new marketing technology and automation systems throughout the company, there are so many exciting opportunities that await our passionate and experienced marketing teams – new and old. Come join us!
Reporting into Group Marketing Manager this role is responsible for implementing year-round, content-led marketing campaigns for a portfolio of exhibitions.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Marketing Executive to lead on creating and executing marketing campaigns on shows within this portfolio in collaboration with the management team. Using data, customer insight, content and targeted audience personas. We want you to develop year round campaigns and enhance delegate and exhibitor value propositions.
Purpose and objective of the job:
The purpose of this role is to help produce and deliver the marketing strategy promoting our events to delegates and exhibitors. You will be a self-motivated individual who loves working alongside a great team, across the marketing mix. To establish relationships with key suppliers, outsourced companies and internal teams to ensure the tasks of each project are executed as directed. To deliver effective marketing campaigns that keep the events in the number one positions in the sectors.
- Conduct insight specifically to maintain and grow our undertraining of our key audience personas
- To create and execute marketing campaigns for the events you will work across
- Take a lead in testing all campaigns to ensure effectiveness, adapting and moving budget where necessary
- Control costs against budget, raising orders, maintaining invoice records and marketing budget trackers in line with business requirements for the event marketing
- Identify opportunities with our international teams to deliver sustainable growth for each other’s brands
- To ensure key messages aligned to the business plan and are delivered across all potential media
- Detailed understanding of the industry, event goals and key customer groups
- To support sales via partnerships and sponsorship deals
- Development of prospect databases
- To liaise with the relevant data manager to ensure compliance with the ICO
- To write and control copy-writing and Print Production of marketing materials
- To take responsibility for bringing marketing tasks and activity required per event on time as set by Manager
- To ensure follow all internal procedures for purchase ordering are adhered to
- To liaise with operations and ensure smooth execution of event strategies build up etc.
- To devise reports of activity weekly and monthly and report effectiveness of campaigns to line manager regularly
- To ensure social media activity such as Email and Web Marketing inc Twitter, FaceBook and Linkedin etc are executed for the maximum exposure for the business as directed by Manager
- Utilise new technology to ensure we increase team efficiencies and reach new markets
- Analyse all activity on an ongoing basis to change and adapt the channels used
- To grow relationships with sector relevant associations
- To develop key relationships, especially with key partners, customers and stakeholders to maximise revenues
- To ensure high levels of care and customer satisfaction regarding the sector
- To ensure all targets and deadlines are met and exceeded
- Continue to grow databases
- Secure new media partners
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested
The ideal candidate will have:
You will probably have at least 1-2 years marketing experience at exec level or above. We particularly want to see evidence of contributing to the development of marketing plans. Experience of marketing events is an advantage, but the reason we are so different is because we actively employ people from all walks of life and backgrounds who accelerate our company’s growth by looking at things differently. So if you have marketing experience in general, or transferable skills from experience in the fields in which we run our events, then we want to meet you.
- Great writing and verbal communication skills. You should be confident in writing technical copy
- Ability to produce creative and well thought out marketing plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time
- Good IT skills. You will be using content management systems, databases and email software
- Commercial acumen to develop sales-led marketing initiatives
- Ambition to develop your marketing career
- Have something to teach us about social media
- Get on well with people from all walks of life (and the ability to network and make new friends quickly!)
- A calmness under pressure
- Good attention to detail. In the events world little things matter
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours as needed around key show times
- Not essential, but a fabulous sense of humour will see you fit right in!