Commercial Sales Manager
- Closing date: 21-Jun-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Event Management
- Senior Management
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Caitlin Bayley
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Company name: dmg events
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 02036155912
- Website: https://boards.greenhouse.io/dmgevents/jobs/162370
The Commercial Sales Manager will be responsible for retention and growth of key accounts as well as the generation of revenue from new business. This role will have to close high-value deals with large, blue-chip companies at senior management or director level. This role has no direct management responsibility but will involve mentoring of early career individuals.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Managing a portfolio of key accounts with five and six figure contract value
- Cultivate strong relationships with multiple senior stakeholders with a consultative approach
- Achieving and exceeding agreed show and personal revenue and profit targets
- Undertaking research to understand the market objectives, aims and ambitions of your client base
- To work closely with and within each business to identify its aims, objectives and requirements
- Tailor opportunities available, creating strong partnership propositions
- To identify new sales opportunities and develop them into long-term relationships
- Work closely with other departments, content, marketing, and sales to operate as one team.
- Attend events and liaising with exhibitor and sponsor clients onsite to ensure that their contract is fulfilled and all their concerns and needs are addressed.
- Keep up to date via a wide range of material including various industry publications relevant to the topic areas and audiences of assigned conferences for developments and trends in the industry.
Key requirements for the role
- Extensive experience (6 years) in B2B conference and exhibition sponsorship sales, which should mainly and/or most recently have occurred within the energy sector
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity with the dynamics throughout the traditional energy sector and, ideally, in new and innovative areas of alternative energy
- A solid understanding of the energy market from both commercial and technical perspectives
- Previous senior responsibility for ambitious sales targets, demonstrating ability to drive teams to consistently meet and exceed these targets
- Previous experience having trained sales people and having developed a methodology/material that are instrumental in this process
- Ability and proven experience of working with a wide range of cultures
- Customer Focused – put the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Hard working - Strong work ethic representing our industry leading brands
- Studious - Desire to learn and embrace best practice within your discipline
- Respectful – demonstrate consistency and reliability in all areas
- Collaborative – display open communication and innovation
- Proactive – take initiative on opportunities and test your ideas
- Efficient – display excellent time management and prioritisation
- Effective – focusing on the right things at the right time to deliver the best results
Please copy and paste the below URL in your preferred web browser to successfully submit an application.
If you have any further questions regarding the role, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.