Assistant Financial Accountant (Contract)
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: email@example.com
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 2089107886
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.com
Job Title: Assistant Financial Accountant (contract)
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Based at: Richmond, Surrey, UK
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face-to-face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in more than 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million active event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees, we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America.
The Finance Department is looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their team in Richmond on a fixed term contract basis.
The job: This role will primarily prepare monthly bank reconciliations across all of our Sterling and currency bank accounts, to tight SOX deadlines, investigating and correcting any reconciling items. The role will also provide cover for the payroll supervisor and update the profiles on the travel system (Concur)
The main elements of the job are:
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts, investigating and clearing reconciling items promptly.
- Maintain Sterling and foreign currency cashbooks setting up new cashbooks as requested.
- Providing cover for the payroll supervisor when absent.
- Supporting and covering for other members of the Finance team.
This position requires a person who can demonstrate:
- A drive for accuracy and completeness.
- Practical experience of the basics of accountancy and reconciliations.
- Good time management to ensure reconciliations are completed to tight deadlines.
- Clear communication skills to ensure reconciling items are correctly followed up by the creator both in terms of correcting the actual error and, where necessary, correcting the process.
- Must take responsibility for completion of tasks but also know when to escalate if problems aren’t getting resolved promptly.
- A good level of computer literacy, particularly Excel. Prior experience of Oracle would be an advantage.
- May be in the early stages of studying for an Accountancy qualification, but equally acceptable for the person to be qualified by experience.
Interested? If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to email@example.com with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.