Sales Manager - Retail
- Closing date: 31-Mar-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Sales Manager to work within the Retail Team on one of its biggest events, Home & Gift. Established for 59 years and held in the beautiful town of Harrogate Home & Gift is the industry’s best loved buying event offering buyers the first opportunity to source new and unique autumn/winter products from an inspirational edit of design-led and everyday brands, unrivalled networking opportunities and unmissable advice from industry experts all in one unique, summer setting.
The successful candidate will have concrete experience in selling media and exhibitions to B2B market place. Ideally the candidate will have a background in retail and possess a strong proven track record of exceeding targets, managing and developing a team to drive sales, excellent people skills and an ability to manage in a high pressured sales environment.
- Successfully achieve specified sales targets and performance objectives.
- Carry out direct consultative selling (telephone and face-to-face) to existing, lapsed and potential new business clients to build customer relationships, deliver excellent customer service and maximise revenue.
- Maintain strong sales pipeline through effective relationship building, call management and lead generation.
- Manage all show sectors and keep abreast of market trends and developments.
- Identify and research new growth areas for sales and ensure new business development across the show.
- Develop new strategies, tactics and plans for future growth of the event in conjunction with the Show Director.
- Implement, execute and manage the Sales plan with the Show Director.
- Develop significant knowledge of your market sector to identify challenges and opportunities.
- Target new key industry accounts to support development of show content.
- Utilise salesforce to manage yours and your team’s pipeline, improve conversion of opportunities and drive revenue.
- Manage existing key accounts to improve customer satisfaction and grow revenue YOY.
- Manage incoming leads and all sales communications across the team to improve acquisition and conversion of sales leads.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure effective exhibitor promotion and management of leads through Salesforce.
- Work on site during the build-up, open period and breakdown of all the Clarion Retail shows.
- Ensure all clients receive excellent customer service from point of sale to show to increase retention.
- Manage cancellations and support debt recovery in conjunction with the Show Director.
- Handle customer complaints professionally and timely to ensure excellent customer service.
- Continuously develop market and product knowledge.
- Attend competitive events and industry trade shows for business development.
- Manage a sales team, motivate and drive them to meet and exceed targets.
- Arrange and lead weekly sales pipeline meetings using Salesforce with the sales team.
- Monitor performance of sales team to drive high outputs of individual team members.
- Set sales team KPIs in conjunction with the Show Director.
- Drive utilization and best practice of Salesforce across team to deliver core KPIs.
- Ensure strong and accurate pipeline management through salesforce to deliver weekly sales targets across the team.
- Implement a range of selling & coaching skills that will increase the team’s performance through development.
- Manage personal development of the sales team to improve skill set and performance.
- Identify training needs for the team and carrying out training as required.
- Carry out appraisals for direct reports
Reporting and Administration
- Manage full show pipeline on Salesforce to ensure accurate weekly sales reports and forecasts for the Show Director.
- Create and manage sales reports on Salesforce to manage delivery of sales targets and show content.
- Manage lead generation and data capture through Salesforce.
- Manage entry of all data on Salesforce to ensure accuracy of information for sales, marketing and operations team.
- Manage the show floor plan and allocation of stand space in conjunction with the Operations Team.
- Manage all sales contracts and administration to a high standard.
- Assist sales invoicing and debt collection in conjunction with the finance team.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a management role
- Experience using a CRM system, preferably Salesforce.
- Retailer design knowledge preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; being a social, confident and outgoing individual, dealing with a broad range of people at every level.
- Highly self-motivated, driven and thrives in pressurized, challenging environments.
- A hunger to reach and exceed sales targets, with a ‘can do’ approach to work.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to take responsibility and work on own initiative to achieve challenging personal targets.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to source new leads.
- Demonstrate an ability to report activity and future results effectively.
- Strong negotiation skills, utilized for driving sales.
- Be able to build trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base
- Strong objection avoidance and objection handling skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.