Business Analyst, Global Technology
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.co.uk
Job Title: Business Analyst, Global Sales Transformation
Reports to: Head of Business Analysis & Engagement
Based at: Richmond with occasional international travel
Pivotal BA role in the heart of a programme to roll out a suite of sales capabilities across a global events business.
We are Reed Exhibitions. We organise 500+ events globally and we’re converging the way we work with our exhibitors. To enable this we’re rolling out a single technology platform and a common set of working practices across each of our Business Units worldwide. The Business Analyst role is crucial to this effort for mapping out as-is processes, defining the migration strategy and for ushering technology improvements into daily use. If you are a collaborative yet confident BA with 3+ years’ experience who is comfortable working with both salespeople and technologists then we’d love to hear from you!
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America.
Job Purpose: Support the rollout and evolution of Global Business Systems (GBS) across Reed Exhibitions with a focus on integrated sales/CRM technology and working practices.
Scope: Global Business Systems (Sales)
- As-Is Processes & Gap Analysis: map out and document current sales practices within various Business Units (BUs) globally using workshops and ongoing dialogue. Perform gap analysis between the as-is and the GBS model, to identify the key areas of change required.
- Migration: support the Sales Solutions Group and Technical Workstream in evaluating and agreeing the migration options and scope for each BU based on an assessment of local needs versus the global ways of working and common technology associated with GBS. Actively participate in the complex sequence of migration activities for each BU based on the agreed strategy.
- Functional Changes: based on agreed priorities, define and elaborate the specification of improvements to the GBS Sales, Customer Services & Operations platform (SalesForce SFDC, Oracle EBS Quote-to-Cash, Service Cloud, Digital Integrations, Natterbox and ExpoCad) working closely with developers, testers and user representatives to usher these changes into successful daily use. These functional changes might be improvements or essential statutory/ legal adjustments.
- Subject Matter Expertise: support or lead the delivery of knowledge transfer sessions designed to explain the GBS Sales technology and working practices to end users and/or super users within each BU.
- Readiness Planning: collaborating with local BU readiness managers and the Sales Solutions Groups, provide all necessary inputs into the business readiness plan for each BU.
- Disseminating information via Knowledge Transfer sessions, demos and presentations to various stakeholders.
- Analysing, elaborating and recording detailed needs (both functional and non-functional) through group or one-to-one interaction either in person or virtually via telephone or video conferencing.
- Expressing needs via stories and user/data flow diagrams to capture relevant interactions between actors and systems with the goal of informing system design and/or facilitating migration onto GBS.
- Building a deep understanding of the architecture, data flows, functionalities and inter-dependencies of the GBS technology platform with an emphasis on integrated CRM including aspects of marketing as well as quote-to-cash ordering.
- Supporting the testing phases, including reviewing test scenarios and scripts, in conjunction with testing teams, Sales Solutions Group and BU stakeholders.
- Operating successfully within Reed Exhibitions’ culture and global policies
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- 3+ years’ experience in a Business Analysis, Business Change or similarly detail-oriented role within the sales or customer services domain.
- Self-aware and open team player who has the confidence to accept constructive criticism of their ideas, who sincerely values the input of others and who recognises and mitigates the assumptions they are making.
- Deep listener with ability to ask clarifying questions to ensure comprehensive understanding beyond the obvious.
- Credible communicator able to vary pitch and tone according to audience and purpose both orally and in writing.
- Comfortable with technical and sales-related detail or terminology but able to step back and story tell in plain English when required.
- The ability to think clearly, analyse problems logically and make rational decisions under significant time pressure.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative and who can manage their own time effectively.
- Lifelong learner with natural curiosity about how things work and why.
- Method-agnostic, pragmatist who is at ease in either waterfall or agile projects and can easily switch between tasks and contexts on an hour-to-hour basis.
- Inspires trust through honesty and confidence through professionalism
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to email@example.com with a covering letter confirming your current salary and salary expectations. Alternatively, you can apply online at www.reedexpo.com.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.