Atlas Delivery Manager
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.reeedexpo.com
Job Title: Atlas Delivery Manager
Reports to: Digital Programme Director
Based at: Richmond, Surrey, UK
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face-to-face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4,000 employees, we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people.
RX Global Technology is an exciting and growing part of the Reed Exhibitions organisation. Technology is central to Reed Exhibitions’ strategy and therefore our work is high profile and well supported. There are greenfield opportunities and we value a growth mentality and entrepreneurial spirit. The truly international nature of our business presents ample opportunities for cross-cultural learning and travel.
Reed Exhibitions is undergoing several digital transformation programs and is driving large-scale Agile adoption through the central technology and product teams. The Atlas program touches all parts of the business, changing our engagement with regional offices, globally diverse exhibitions and business units, and positively impacting the experience of exhibitors and visitors. We’re well progressed along our roadmap, with an MVP launched for 50% of our shows, the opportunity now exists to help us continue along the path and deliver added value for our customers.
- Deliver digital products using the appropriate Agile delivery methodology, adapting and iterating frequently at a sustainable pace.
- Delivery assurance through lean governance and risk management / reduction across the programme.
- Facilitate key programme ceremonies for health, continual improvement, risk, staff and scope change.
- Align process to delivery of value, inspect and adapt to keep it simple and effective.
- Ensure the vision and goals are clear and that horizon plans deliver on these goals and vision. Ensure cross team dependencies are included in the plan.
- Provide lightweight planning support as needed. Shape complex plans supporting the team.
- Ensure delivery plans align with rollout and any other plans that are interdependent.
- Ensure there is adequate due diligence in planning to achieve realistic and achievable plans.
- Engage with the PMO and other departments to agree appropriate reporting, communication and governance activities.
- Communicate the plan, planning assumptions and data-driven progress updates to a range of stakeholders.
- Clear communication and information radiators internally and externally to the programme/portfolio to instil confidence and encourage healthy conversations to drive key decision making.
- Managing expectations and seeking decisions from senior stakeholders on changing requirements.
- Ensure visibility of changes arising from senior stakeholders that affect the delivery of the programme
- Encourage teams to be accountable, autonomous and have authority, as well as being open, honest and creating visibility.
- Work in collaboration with key roles such as product owners, technical leads, iteration managers, tech excellence and user experience to ensure planning across the product lifecycle.
- Forecasting, tracking and reporting of project level financials as needed.
- Support collaboration across different project streams and functions to ensure clarity.
- Enable teams to adopt Agile principles and continually improve Agile delivery practices.
- Desire to ensure all members of staff succeed through supportive mentoring and coaching.
- Be an Agile ambassador across RX.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others at all levels, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Deputise for the Programme Director in any areas required.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ recent delivery management experience working with product teams in an Agile environment.
- Proven experience leading delivery across multiple self-organising product streams, utilising both Agile delivery and lean product techniques while managing cross-stream deliverables with multiple dependencies.
- Experience of working in large global organisations managing multiple stakeholders and development teams.
- Adept at collaborating with Product, UX, Scrum Master and Engineering in multi-functional teams and across the leadership of these functions.
- Can demonstrate learning by doing over learning by certification.
- Recent experience of working with distributed Agile teams across multiple suppliers.
- Value driven, focusing on customer outcomes, rather than delivery metrics.
- Self-starter with experience of inspecting and adapting your own Agile delivery skills. Able to lead by example, models servant leadership.
- Deep knowledge of a range of Agile and lean practices, techniques and changing mindsets, with an ability to coach within and outside of their team.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Financial tracking and reporting
- Capacity planning
- Working knowledge of commonly used Agile frameworks and lean portfolio management
- Be practised in identifying and reducing waste in the flow of customer value
- Comfortable operating in an evolving organisational structure
- Working within organisations at different stages of their Agile transformation journey
- Has been part of an Agile transformation of a large corporate
- Has been part of a digital transformation of a large corporate
- Able to speak confidently in front of large groups
- Able to negotiate with all stakeholders up to Director/VP level
- Experience of working within publishing / exhibitions / events industry
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.