Sales Manager - Global Educational Supplies & Solutions (GESS)
- Closing date: 24-Jun-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Jonnie Wicks
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Tarsus Group
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 02088462700
- Website: http://www.gesseducation.com
Global Educational Supplies & Solutions (GESS) Dubai, Indonesia & Turkey are yearly education exhibitions and conferences. They are platforms for companies with educational products and resources to network and sell to educationalist from the full spectrum of education institutions.
This key position is an exhibition sales role. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing an exhibition and awards revenue target, with a clear remit to increase sales revenue year on year from sales across Europe and the Americas for all GESS events
Reporting to the Event Director, the Sales Manager will directly assume sales responsibly across the portfolio. The Sales Manager will be expected to deliver sales targets, making sure all project budgets are delivered in the time scheduled, drive revenue across the portfolio by maximising existing accounts and introducing new revenue streams. This is a very important role and the successful candidate will be a driven motivated individual who has an impressive track record of achieving personal sales targets in their career:
- Effective account management of key clients to maximise revenue potential
- Bringing in new business by sourcing own leads.
- Introducing new revenue streams to increase sales
- Establishing long term client relationships.
- Creative selling across a broad portfolio.
- Ability to sell a number of different products - exhibition stands, sponsorship opportunities, delegate registrations.
- To sell against agreed targets.
- To provide excellent customer service & after sales care.
- To gain increased knowledge of the educational supplier client base for the benefit of the Company.
- Build and establish, and accurately maintain, the sales database.
- Sales administration.
- To be able to sell internationally and capable of selling to mixed cultures.
- Some international sales travel may be necessary.
- Provide weekly pipelines to Manager.
- To create and maintain excellent working relationships with clients
- To maximise all sales opportunities for the clients under your management and to drive the development of the portfolio
Management and Reporting:
- Effective monitoring of progress of your sales campaigns
- Providing regular feedback to the Event Manager
- Assist in the forecasting process for Senior Management
- Providing customer feedback and competitor information to assist in event development
- Liaising with the marketing, operations, accounts and global sales departments in a professional, positive manner
- Working with other managers to ensure a high performance environment is maintained within the Department
Skills and attributes required
We are looking for an assertive individual, who can demonstrate confidence and intelligence with their sales approach and who possesses an excellent track record in a similar and demanding market. The successful candidate will be an ambitious individual who is looking to succeed in a media sales environment, with the following qualities:
- A thorough and demonstrable understanding of the sales process.
- At least 3+ years’ experience of B2B sales, including 1 year of account management
- A proven hunter of revenue with no fear of the phone, the role will require a mixture of office based and face to face sales.
- Proven track record of generating high volumes of new business
- Good closing skills.
- Strong listening skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and think laterally.
- Ability to build rapport with potential and existing clients.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Experience of working in a high performance environment to strict deadlines
- Articulate, professional and well presented. Good sense of humour; positive attitude. Ability to use initiative.
- Proven experience of meeting challenging exhibition revenue targets
- Experience of cross selling over a number of shows and awards
- High level of interpersonal, influencing and team working skills
- Excellent communication abilities, oral, written and face-to-face
- An interest in the media’ particularly social media would be a benefit.
- Degree educated
- The candidate will also need to demonstrate a hunger to reach and exceed targets. He/she will need to be enthusiastic, driven, tenacious, determined, and motivated.