Sales Manager - Enthusiast
- Closing date: 31-Mar-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
A great opportunity has arisen for a Sales Manager to sell across the Travel Portfolio of Clarion Events Enthusiast Division. The shows in question are Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Shows in Manchester and London and the co-located Caravan & Motorhome Show in Manchester. All three of these fantastic events are positioned perfectly to surpass the previous year’s excellent delivery and are all well respected and successful shows.
This is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to have an input in the future success of these great events. The ideal candidate will have a hunger to reach and exceed set targets and adopt a tenacious ‘can do’ approach to creative problem solving.
- Selling by telephone and face to face to current and new business customers, to meet sales revenue targets, selling exhibition space.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team.
- Sourcing leads and accurately recording sales and driving team results via the Salesforce platform, pipeline management and bespoke reports.
- Build relationships and contacts with new accounts to create new revenue opportunities from untapped sectors.
- Researching and conducting sales campaigns to attract sales.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales.
- Handling enquiries on the telephone, by email and by post, producing mailings and general office correspondence and following up campaigns via telephone and email.
- Management of the floor plan and allocation of stand space in conjunction with the Sales team, Show Manager and Operations Team.
- Working on site during the buildup, open period and breakdown of all the shows.
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, ops, finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the shows.
- Visiting clients when necessary/ appropriate and attending industry functions when required.
- Visiting relevant exhibitions in the UK and abroad if and when required.
- Liaison with the finance department to assist in deposit collection where necessary.
- Continuously developing market and product knowledge.
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
- Previous Sales Management role is highly desirable.
- Understanding of a CRM system, ideally Salesforce.
- Customer focused, with the ability to negotiate and build rapport effectively.
- Work calmly and productively to a consistent high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure.
- Assertive and confident approach tempered with excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates effective active listening and communication skills.
- Be able to build trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base.
- Has an ability to report activity and future results effectively.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Strong objection avoidance and objection handling skills.
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of tasks and to problem-solve quickly.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Excellent market and product knowledge.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.