Assistant Financial Accountant (Contract)
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.reeedexpo.com
Job Title: Assistant Financial Accountant (contract)
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Based at: Richmond, Surrey, UK
Reed Exhibitions excels in creating high profile, highly targeted business and consumer exhibitions and events to establish and maintain business relations, and generate new business. Every year we run over 500 events in 43 countries, bringing together over 7 million active event participants worldwide in 2014. With over 3700 employees in 41 offices around the globe we serve 43 industries worldwide. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
The Finance Department is looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their team in Richmond on a fixed term contract basis.
The job: This role will primarily ensure VAT compliance by liaising with RELX Tax on VAT returns and providing support and review for VAT compliance on transactions and setup. In addition the person will work with the other Assistant Financial Accountant on allocated bank reconciliations to ensure all reconciliations are completed to SOX deadlines.
The main elements of the job are:
- Support the preparation of VAT returns to appropriate deadlines.
- Investigate and address any queries arising from the VAT returns.
- Make VAT payments.
- Investigate new VAT registrations and VAT on new products as required.
- Review VAT on show set ups.
- Answer business and customer queries about VAT.
- Liaise with Tax Back International about VAT reclaims on expenses.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of allocated bank accounts, investigating and clearing reconciling items promptly Reconciling other allocated balance sheet accounts.
- Produce analysis for Tax Computations for all group companies Provide cover for other members of the Financial Accounts team.
- Liaise with RELX Tax Department, external advisors, government bodies and auditors when required.
This position requires a person who can demonstrate:
- A good basic understanding of VAT, although training will be given on exhibition specific areas and international VAT.
- A drive for accuracy and completeness.
- Practical experience of the basics of accountancy and reconciliations.
- Good time management to ensure tasks are completed to tight deadlines.
- Clear communication skills to ensure reconciling items are correctly followed up by the creator both in terms of correcting the actual error and, where necessary, correcting the process.
- Must take responsibility for completion of tasks but also know when to escalate if problems aren’t getting resolved promptly.
- A good level of computer literacy, particularly Excel. Prior experience of Oracle would be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to explain VAT issues, both verbally and in writing, to non-Finance people.
- May be in the early stages of studying for an Accountancy qualification, but equally acceptable for the person to be qualified by experience.
Interested? If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations. Or you can apply online at www.reedexpo.com.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.