Sales Manager - Design Shanghai
- Closing date: 30-Nov-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
An opportunity has arisen for a high flying Sales Manager to work within the Retail Team on some of its most exciting events, Design Shanghai and Design China Beijing.
A major acquisition for Clarion Events earlier this year, Design Shanghai has become one of the biggest design shows in the world in just 6 years. It is comfortably the largest international design event in Asia and in 2020 the event will move into a new purpose-built international exhibition space to allow this growth and development to continue.
Now entering its 3rd year and having doubled in size in year 2, Design China Beijing is the fastest growing event of its kind in China.
The successful candidate will have a clear track record of achieving sales and will excel on the phone, face-to-face and when attending competitive events. Creative, tenacious and focused, the right candidate will possess the ability to tailor their approach to each prospect and truly get alongside the industry – from key international brands to smaller independent businesses - and be confident to close the deal. In return they will have the chance to take advantage of the kind of opportunity that rarely presents itself in the event sales world and land a role that will open a world of possibilities within the global events business.
Candidates must have solid experience in selling media and exhibitions within a B2B market place. The ideal candidate will have a background in the design, interiors or retail sector and possess a strong proven track record of exceeding targets, managing and developing a team to drive sales, excellent people skills and an ability to manage in a high pressured sales environment. Experience of international sales is desirable as is a willingness to travel.
- Successfully achieve specified sales targets and performance objectives within the UK Sales team
- Carry out direct consultative selling (telephone and face-to-face) to existing, lapsed and potential new business clients, build customer relationships, deliver excellent customer service and maximise revenue
- Maintain strong sales pipeline through effective relationship building, call management and lead generation
- Implement, execute and manage the sales plan with the Sales
- Arrange, plan and maximise return from external sales trips (UK and Europe) to include multiple face-to-face appointments, focussing approach on the earliest possible close date.
- Ensure new business development in challenging markets
- Manage all show sectors and keep abreast of market developments
- Identify and research new growth areas for sales
- Develop new strategies, tactics and plans for future growth of the event in conjunction with the Sales Director
- Manage incoming leads and all sales communications across the team to improve acquisition and conversion of sales leads.
- Working closely with the show team to maximize sales opportunities and promotion
- Build relationships and contacts with new accounts to create new revenue opportunities from untapped sectors.
- Arrange and attend weekly sales meetings with the sales team
- Continuously developing market and product knowledge
- Attending competitive events and industry trade shows for business development
- Working on site during the buildup, open period and breakdown of all the Clarion retail shows
- Manage the UK based sales team, motivate and drive them to meet and exceed targets
- Set sales team KPIs in conjunction with the Sales Director
- Ensure strong pipeline management and delivery of weekly sales targets across the team
- Manage personal development of the sales team to improve skill set and performance
- Carry out appraisals for direct reports
- Identify training needs for the team and carrying out training as required
- Implement a range of selling & coaching skills that will increase team’s performance through development
Reporting and Administration
- Produce weekly sales reports and forecasts for the Sales Director
- Manage sales reporting and pipelines through salesforce
- Manage lead generation and data capture through salesforce
- Manage the show floor plan and allocation of stand space in conjunction with the China based Sales Director
- Manage all sales contracts and administration to a high standard
- Assist sales invoicing and debt collection in conjunction with the finance team
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behaviors
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Salesforce/CRM experience
- Knowledge of design sector preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong objection avoidance and objection handling skills
- Ability to create trust and build credibility amongst our customer base.
- Able to deal with a broad range of people at every level
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to take responsibility
- Extremely driven and thrives on a challenge
- An astute negotiator
- Strong team building skills
- Social and outgoing individual
- A tenacious “Can do” approach to work
- A focused self-starter that works on own initiative
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to source new leads
- Demonstrate an ability to report activity and future results effectively
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.