Sales Lead Qualifier - Oil & Gas Council
- Closing date: 29-May-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
The Oil & Gas Council is a world-leading, international networking platform for senior energy, finance and investment executives. Our role is to add strategic value to the industry by facilitating access to key stakeholders and potential clients. We curate year-round networking platforms on every continent that act as an extension of our members and partners’ corporate development activities. We are a committed and innovative team that puts people at the core of what we do. Our network’s growing success is rooted in the relationships we create and a passion for the capital markets.
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Lead Qualifier to help The Oil & Gas Council portfolio meet its ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. The role of Sales Lead Qualifier is to make a high volume of outbound calls to all incoming leads to qualify participation in our assemblies as either Sponsors or Delegates. The role involves qualifying leads on specific events within the Oil & Gas Council running throughout the year. The role is best suited to a graduate or a junior, ambitious sales professional who is looking for a commercial role with growth potential.
The successful candidate will be placed on a fast track development programme with the ultimate goal of becoming a Senior Corporate Development Manager or Senior Conference Producer within 18 months.
- Speaking to potential clients over the phone to qualify if they are right for our assemblies and ultimately pass them on to our sponsorship & delegate sales teams
- Ensuring that all relevant information is available and accurate in Salesforce
- Generate new business and build future pipelines
- Making making high volume outgoing calls to achieve weekly/monthly targets.
- Develop productive relationships at the appropriate levels to achieve goals
- Canvas for and arrange face to face meetings for the senior sales team reps
- Manage customer accounts throughout the sales cycle
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Continually seek to maintain and further develop excellent market and product knowledge
- Remain up to date with latest communication tools and promote a culture of testing and change to continuously drive improvement.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Demonstrate good CRM practice and draw process conclusions and make recommendations
- Must be comfortable updating CRM in real time
- Must be confident on the phone
- Must have a drive and passion for sales and ability to learn new skills
- Must be able to grasp complex language and have meaningful conversations with potential clients
- Must have a willingness to understand tracking and response reporting
- Demonstrate effective active listening and communication skills
- A hunger to reach and exceed targets
- Tenacious can do attitude
- Ability to build rapport effectively
- Excellent customer service skills and customer focused
- Strong objection avoidance and objection handling skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of tasks and to problem-solve quickly
- Exceptional organisational & time management skills.
Personal not Transactional
- We treat each member as an individual working with you continuously to understand your business. We help you achieve your goals through bespoke solutions that are in line with your objectives. We develop and foster long lasting relationships.
Trust and Integrity
- We are honest, open and fair with our clients and with each other. We listen to the opinions of those around us and make informed decisions. We deliver genuine solutions based on our partners needs without ever compromising quality. We care about our clients’ experience and always ensure that every person in the room and every topic covered is of value.
Not just market leading; but market making
- We are frontrunners, setting the trends in the energy events sector. We communicate clearly and often with our network to stay relevant in a changing environment. We are the go-to partner for new announcements, significant discoveries and transformative deals.
Knowledgeable, informed, educated
- We have over a decade of experience and boast a wealth of experts in our network. We always talk to, and learn from, the most influential people in the industry to create our shows.
- We work seamlessly across our international teams to create the best products and services for our clients. We lead energetically, initiate confidently, challenge constructively and motivate through our words, actions and decisions.