Paralegal (12 month fixed term)
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.reeedexpo.com
Job Title: Paralegal – 12 months fixed term contract
Reports to: Company Lawyer
Based at: Richmond, Greater London, UK
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face-to-face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in more than 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million active event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees, we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, flexible and dynamic paralegal or newly qualified solicitor to join the existing legal department on a 12 month fixed term contract basis to assist the legal department (comprising three lawyers). You will have a proven record of accomplishment of exceeding targets and meeting deadlines, and a tenacious and practical ‘can do’ approach to finding solutions to problems which arise. Experience within exhibitions would be an advantage.
- Drafting and preparing statement of works, addendums and other contracts with standard terms for suppliers.
- Assisting lawyers with more complex contracts as appropriate
- Researching and reporting on the business requirements in the context of new instructions
- Keeping contracts database up to date.
- Keeping SharePoint up to date
- Liaising with event teams, magazine teams and support functions
- Assisting with company secretarial matters, such as drafting board minutes
- Ensuring existing agreements are GDPR compliant
- Reporting to RX UK Company Lawyer
- Trademark and database
- Infringement -cease and desist letters
Ideal candidate profile:
- Good drafting skills
- Ability to be flexible and to prioritise
- Experience of contract law
- Knowledge of GDPR regulations
- Enthusiastic professional
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to learn and understand the business
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively with all areas of the business and our stakeholders
- SharePoint and Microsoft Excel spreadsheet experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and also independently in a supportive environment
- Self-motivated and able to respond to urgent requirements and to escalate matters, where appropriate
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Committed to providing an excellent service to the business
Interested? If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV’S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.