Sales Executive (UDT & ITEC) - Defence
- Closing date: 30-Nov-2019
- Part Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
Clarion Defence & Security organises sector leading events that enable government officials, industry leaders and technical experts to share ideas, develop partnerships, conduct business, network and access export and growth markets.
The Defence portfolio is made up of a series of events including DSEI which is the largest event in the UK by with a series of niche international confexes and conferences that focus in on specific areas including undersea defence, training & simulation, special forces and electronic warfare.
This specific role will look at the exhibition and sponsorship sales of the European undersea defence and training & simulation events – which for 2020 will be hosted by Rotterdam and London respectively.
Reporting to the Event Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to forge a career in B2B exhibition sales. The role involves generating sales and attaining revenue targets through selling exhibition stand space and sponsorship. The role is primarily office based but will also involve a degree of face-to-face presentation both to clients at our own and competitive as well as part of the communication with the larger, international sales team.
All aspects of your sales skills will be tested: cold calling, researching new leads, identifying new opportunities, benefit selling, handling objections successfully, closing deals and wining client trust with the objective of building long-term commercial relationships. Social media skills will also be helpful as these are increasingly demanded to augment more traditional media disciplines.
The role will test your abilities but it will ultimately be thoroughly rewarding and will enhance your value as an experienced sales professional. You will also derive the benefits associated with working for a world-class organisation.
- Proven experience in sales, preferably in a media or a related environment. The heart of this role is the sales function; where success will be determined by the sourcing and contracting of new business and the management of incremental growth from existing business
- Tele-sales calls to existing and potential exhibitors in order to meet and beat sales revenue targets across a portfolio of brands
- Client facing experience would be desirable and telephone sales and/or presentation experience would be an advantage
- Personal high sales behaviours demonstrated on Salesforce (experience preferred), including the building and management of a pipeline
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high and accurate standard and in a timely manner
- The successful applicant will be used to working as part of a team and have experience of networking both with clients and colleagues
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- Demonstrate ability to convey enthusiasm in the sales process
- Experience within Exhibitions and/or Conferences would be desirable but is not essential
- Possess a clear understanding of events and the sales process needed to contract exhibitors
- The successful candidate will be able to sell benefits and handle objections, either on the telephone or face-to-face
- Client facing skills essential, including face-to-face presentations
- Logical thought processes - an ability to determine how to achieve objectives and focus on them
- Literacy and numeracy is essential
- IT skills required – paperless office & CRM system (Salesforce)
- An ability to assimilate knowledge and quickly gain familiarity with new systems would be an advantage.
- Networking and social skills, including social media.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Confident and cheerful demeanor essential
- Works well under positive direction but has the ability to self-motivate
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Work as part of a team