Sales Executive - Retail
- Closing date: 30-Apr-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Sales Executive to work within the Retail Team on one of its biggest events, Home & Gift. Established for 59 years and held in the beautiful town of Harrogate, Home & Gift is the industry’s best loved buying event offering buyers the first opportunity to source new and unique autumn/winter products from an inspirational edit of design-led and everyday brands, unrivalled networking opportunities and unmissable advice from industry experts all in one unique, summer setting.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for retail and possess a hunger to reach and exceed set sales targets, whilst working independently and as part of a team. An assertive and confident approach tempered with excellent customer service is required along with a practiced sales ability.
- Successfully achieve specified sales targets and performance objectives.
- Carry out direct consultative selling (telephone and face-to-face) to existing, lapsed and potential new business clients to build customer relationships, deliver excellent customer service and maximise revenue.
- Source relevant and show enhancing new business.
- Work closely with the sales team to deliver team targets.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team.
- Continuously develop market and product knowledge.
- Attend industry functions, competitive events and industry trade shows for business development.
- Maintain strong sales pipeline through effective relationship building, call management and lead generation.
- Utilise Salesforce to manage pipeline, improve conversion of opportunities and drive revenue.
- Work on site during the buildup, open period and breakdown of all the Clarion retail shows.
- Liaise with the whole show team including marketing, ops, finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the show.
- Resolve exhibitor conflicts both in the office and on site.
- Collate and produce sales plans and reports as required.
- Attending training courses as directed by line manager.
- Attend weekly sales meetings with the sales team.
- At all times represent Clarion Events in a professional manner.
- Ensure all clients receive excellent customer service from point of sale to show to increase
- Manage accounts to improve customer satisfaction and grow revenue YOY.
- Develop significant knowledge of your market sector to identify challenges and opportunities.
Reporting and Admin
- Ensure that all sales administration is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Produce weekly sales reports and forecasts for the Show Director.
- Manage sales reporting and pipelines through Salesforce.
- Manage lead generation and data capture through Salesforce.
- Manage the show floor plan and allocation of stand space in conjunction with the Operations Team.
- Manage all sales contracts and administration to a high standard.
- Assist sales invoicing and debt collection in conjunction with the finance team.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitudes and Behaviours:
- A proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Experience selling B2B exhibitions is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM system.
- Retailer design knowledge preferred.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, hardworking and enjoys pressurized environments.
- Proactive, responsible and excellent communication skills.
- Objection avoidance and objection handling skills.
- Confident, creative and outgoing.
- Be able to build trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base.
- A hunger to reach and exceed targets.
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to source new leads.
- Demonstrate an ability to report activity and future results effectively.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.