Sales Executive - Enthusiast
- Closing date: 29-Aug-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
A great opportunity has arisen for a Sales Executive to sell across the Travel Portfolio of Clarion Events Enthusiast Division. The shows in question are Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Shows in Manchester and London, and the co-located Caravan & Motorhome Show in Manchester.
All three of these fantastic events are positioned perfectly to surpass the previous year’s excellent delivery, in which all set targets were exceeded.
This is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to have an input in the future success of these great events. The ideal candidate will have a hunger to expand and introduce new businesses to this already thriving portfolio.
- The heart of this role is the sales function; where success will be determined by the sourcing and contracting of new business and the management of incremental growth from existing business.
- Tele-Sales calls to existing and potential exhibitors in order to meet and beat sales revenue targets across a portfolio of brands.
- Personal high sales behaviours demonstrated on Salesforce, including the building and management of a pipeline.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales.
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high and accurate standard and in a timely manner.
- Acting as a support to the sales effort, including any other Sales Executives, Senior Sales Executive, Show Manager & Show Director.
- Visiting clients when necessary/ appropriate – with other team members.
- Visiting competitor events and functions for networking purposes (occasionally at weekends).
- Handling inbound enquiries on the telephone and email.
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, operations and finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the shows.
- Resolving exhibitor conflicts both in the office and on site in a professional manner.
- Maintaining key customer care objectives.
- Liaison with the finance department to assist in deposit collection where necessary.
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Solid and proven experience in a similar role.
- Experience within Exhibitions and/or Conferences would be desirable but is not essential.
- Possess a clear understanding of events and the sales process needed to contract exhibitors.
- Knowledge of a CRM system would be advantageous, ideally Salesforce.
- Be able to work calmly to a consistent high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure.
- Demonstrates a hardworking and conscientious approach to sales, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, utilized for both clients and working as part of a team.
- Works well under positive direction but has the ability to self-motivate.
- Have both a creative and positive approach to problem solving.
- Good organisational and time management skills.