Sales Executive - Defence
- Closing date: 11-Apr-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join the Clarion Defence and Security Portfolio as a Sales Executive. The Clarion Events’ portfolio of Defence and Security events is acknowledged as the world’s leading forums, where high level government officials and senior military personnel converge. Leading global equipment and services providers meet to share ideas, discuss industry developments, conduct business, develop partnerships and network for future growth.
The candidate will work with a highly dedicated team across the Defence Portfolio. The ideal candidate should have sales experience, good communication and organisational skills, have a can-do attitude and the ability to develop good client relationships both on the phone and face-to-face. We will provide training and mentoring required to make you the best that you can be and you will be supported by the Event Manager.
- Telephone sales to existing and potential exhibitors and sponsors to meet sales revenue targets on Defence & Security Exhibitions and Conferences.
- Developing complex sales propositions and profitable features in new and existing show markets.
- Demonstrates an ability to make 50 calls per day and 60-90 minutes of outbound calls per day.
- Accurately recording sales on the Salesforce system; collating and producing sales plans and reports as required.
- Sourcing relevant and show enhancing new business
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales.
- Handling enquiries on the telephone, by email and by post, producing mailings and general office correspondence
- Visiting relevant exhibitions in the UK & worldwide (this will include overnight stays) functions and clients when required.
- Managing features and sectors of the exhibition.
- Maintaining key customer care objectives.
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Resolving exhibitor conflicts both in the office and on site.
- Working on site during the buildup, open period and breakdown of all the shows.
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, ops, finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the shows.
- Liaising with the Finance department to assist in deposit collection where necessary.
- Attending training courses as directed by the line manager.
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferable but not essential.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the sales process.
- Working knowledge of a CRM system, ideally Salesforce.
- An interest in defence, politics and current affairs.
- A strong drive and ambition, utilized by a hunger to reach and exceed targets with a ‘can do’approach to work.
- Assertive and confident being quick with initiative and not afraid to try out ideas.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- To work calmly under pressure.
- Passionate about customers; presenting trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base.
- Effective active listening and communication skills.