Marketing Operations Manager (Maternity Cover), Energy, Marine and Rotorcraft Portfolio
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.com/careers
Job Title: Marketing Operations Manager (Maternity Cover), Energy, Marine and Rotorcraft Portfolio
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Based at: Richmond, UK
We now have an exciting opportunity within the marketing department of our energy, marine and rotorcraft division. This Marketing Operations Manager role will be part of a team of nine marketers, with direct line management of four Marketing Executives. The role focuses on the operational delivery of multi-channel marketing campaigns for all events in the portfolio, which include the world-leading SPE Offshore Europe, the UK’s largest renewable energy event All-Energy, and the renowned Oceanology International Portfolio, with events in San Diego, London and China.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Marketing Operations Manager is an operational, transformational role, focused on business on campaign delivery, process and improvement and responsible for the successful and timely implementation of the marketing and communications plans across the energy and marine portfolio.
The role operates in a matrix structure, managing a team of four and working in partnership with Industry Marketing Managers and Central Marketing to execute the communications plans across multiple platforms and formats to drive engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour, to deliver show sales and attendance.
- Line Management: Management of four marketing executives. Drive results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. Recruitment involved as required.
- Campaign Delivery: Oversee the Marketing Operations Team’s timely delivery of the marketing communications plans including email, barters, digital advertising, social media, content and website.
- Reporting and Knowledge Sharing: Regular reporting of issues, learnings and campaign updates to the Strategic Marketing Managers and Event Managers.
- Email Campaign Delivery: As part of the above, a key responsibility is to oversee delivery of all email communications, maintaining portfolio email plan, ensuring all go out on time, proof emails before they are sent, advising on email best practice and reporting to the rest of the marketing team.
- Registration: Subject matter expert in visitor and exhibitor registration, including managing end-to-end process, (in consultation with key stakeholders), on time and within budget, advising on new technology and best practice, optimization and registration reporting. Main point of contact for pre-show customer services and onsite delivery of registration when required.
- Exhibitor and Visitor Portal (MyEvent): End to end, timely delivery of portals in line with event strategy and requirements. Including consultation with event show teams and internal digital teams.
- Onsite Delivery, including Marketing Collateral, Sponsorship and Team planning: Production (briefs, copywriting and proofing) of all onsite collateral including catalogues, flyers, registration forms, conference guides, promotional merchandise. Coordination of onsite sponsorship including signage and merchandise. Onsite plan for marketing operations team roles and responsibilities.
- Supplier Contracting – Main point of contact for negotiating and delivering contracts for portfolio suppliers including catalogues, registration, printers, mailing houses and design agencies.
- Team Projects: Supporting the Marketing Team on the delivery of new initiatives including lead generation, digital revenue.
- Processes and Systems: Review, analyse and make recommendations to the portfolio for increasing efficiency of marketing activity processes.
The candidate will possess:
- Experience in event marketing, particularly registration and onsite operations would be beneficial.
- Excellent time management skills, to be able to prioritise a workload of a portfolio of events.
- A team player with good analytical, numerical and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a matrix structure.
- Excellent communication skills, keeping management informed by preparing reports; making presentations; interpreting information; making recommendations.
- Ability to maintain work process flows by coordinating information and requirements with related operational departments.
About the Company
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America.