Managing Editor, Imbibe, Mat cover
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey, UK
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.com/careers
Job Title: Managing Editor, Imbibe
Reports to: Publishing & Events Director
Based at: Richmond, UK
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees, we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America.
Imbibe – the best media drinks brand on the planet – is looking for a top class production journalist to take charge of the day-to-day running of its burgeoning empire, including quarterly magazine, website, events and competitions. You’ll need a strong magazine or publishing background in B2B or B2C, or even both, great organisational skills, a great knowledge of digital media and the ability to manage people.Obviously, since we’re a booze magazine, a bit of drinks knowledge would be great – but it’s less important than an interest the subject and your professional and personal skill-set.
In this role, you’ll need to:
- Manage editorial budgets, invoices & payments
- Help integrate and develop the brand’s editorial, plus the various events and awards we run.
- Line-manage the office-based editorial team and all freelance editorial contributors and staff.
- Proven experience of project managing commercial content, including client liaison and attending client meetings to support commercial team.
- Work with the team (both editorial and commercial) to develop content to create engaging content, both in print and online, and to help rework content from one format to the other.
- Improve our search profile and understand the changing environment for promoting digital content.
- Use analytics to gauge what most satisfies the audience and to develop content accordingly.
- Manage and continue to grow the brand’s successful social media channels, developing a clear tone for each channel.
- Work to develop the strong relationship/friendship between the brand and its audience and clients.
- Create regular analytics-based reports for the remainder of the editorial team on traffic and content performance.
- Working with the Event Director and Editor to integrate and develop the brand’s editorial, events and awards under a cohesive brand identity which leads the market in a competitive industry.
To do this you’ll need to have:
- Immaculate editing and proofing skills.
- Superhuman organisational abilities to track people, deadlines and content.
- Familiarity with and confidence in the operation of a CMS and other digital content tools for managing social media, newsletters and multimedia content.
- Experience in SEO and content analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of page layout and in-design
- A creative approach to covering and developing stories, both online and in print.
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage a team and a desire to mentor a young editorial staff.
- If you know your way around Photoshop and video editing, that would be peachy.
- Knowledge of the drinks industry would be an advantage
- Because we deal a lot with bars and restaurants, this isn’t a 9-to-5 role, and there will be some weekend and quite a lot of evening events. But we’re a fun team, working in a fun industry, and this is a great opportunity for the right person to make their mark on a fast-growing brand – and to enjoy doing it.
Interested? If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to email@example.com with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.