Hosted Buyer Account Executive, Luxury Portfolio
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.co.uk
Job Title: Buyer Account Executive, Luxury Portfolio
Reports to: Buyer Programme Manager, ILTM
Based at: Richmond, Surrey, UK
We love events! We organise the leading events for the luxury and lifestyle travel industries, including our flagship ILTM event in Cannes as well as events in the US, China, Mexico, Brazil, Singapore, Morocco and Dubai. We are passionate about creating amazing experiences that our customers can be inspired by.
Our business is about making face to face connections so we are looking for an outgoing, customer centric person to join our hard working team in a busy, dynamic work environment.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Account Executive to work on the Buyer Programme across the luxury travel portfolio of events.
Events: ILTM Cannes, ILTM China, ILTM Asia Pacific, ILTM Arabia, ILTM North America, ILTM Latin America, IGTM, PROUD Experiences
The job: The primary responsibility is to support the recruitment and management of the buyer programme by working closely with the Buyer Managers.
Scope: To work with the Buyer Team to research, identify, qualify and recruit high quality hosted buyers in line with Buyer Programme targets and event strategy. This includes Buyer query management, recruitment campaigns and Buyer participation at events, with high levels of customer service and accurate reporting throughout the event cycle. Other activities include: data management, liaising with travel partners and general administration. (Buyers are travel agents, planners and advisors who buy products/services from exhibitors and in many cases are hosted by us).
- Research and build knowledge/data of the relevant buyer population
- Proactively undertake desk and telephone research to add data and aid the recruitment of Buyers
- Recruitment management using the database (Certain) to monitor registrations and activity
- Contribute to the achievement of individual and group targets by reviewing buyer applications, undertaking data cleaning and online research
- Contacting Buyers via email or phone to confirm the information provided on hosted buyer applications
- Manage the referencing process, including contacting suppliers to verify references
- Manage a high volume of incoming Buyer queries in a professional manner by email and phone
- Actively encourage registered Buyers to fulfil their appointment commitment
- Liaise with official travel partners on Buyers’ travel and accommodation arrangements
- Support the Systems Manager on key areas relating to the buyer programme
- Provision of excellent customer service, using a proactive and creative approach
- Contribute to the successful at-event delivery of the Buyer Programme at various events
- Administrative duties to support the Buyer team
Ideal candidate profile:
This client facing position requires a dynamic, hardworking, flexible and dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate should demonstrate the behaviours and values consistent with a high performance organisation: a highly positive outlook that contributes further to the culture of both the local and wider team where individuals are encouraged to take ownership and be brave and bold; demonstrate high level communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; understand and challenge existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Good interpersonal, written and telephone communication skills
- Customer service and research experience in the travel or the event management industry
- Excellent database/IT skills, especially Excel and data analysis
- An aptitude for networking and building relationships with a diverse range of people
- Highly proactive approach to gathering prospects and registrations
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with great attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player who can work collaboratively in an international environment
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Creativity – developing and proposing solutions to queries and a positive approach to conflict resolution
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages would be advantageous but is not necessary
- A flexible approach to working methods, hours of attendance and other duties that maybe required
- Excellent computer skills with good understanding of MS Office and experience of working on a database management program (desirable)
- Strong administrator with an interest in developing and utilising coordination and account management skills to support the company
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to email@example.com with a covering letter confirming your current salary and salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.