Revenue Reconciliation and Sales Ledger Manager - Finance
- Closing date: 31-Mar-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
Reporting to the Conference Credit Manager the post holder will need to perform cashier duties, maintain the receivable ledger, assist in manual invoicing and credit control where needed. This role will also be responsible for revenue reconciliations across both the conference and exhibitions portfolio.
The successful candidate will have an innate need to get things right. Formulas, facts, logic and system are important aspects of the position. The person fulfilling this function should have the ability to work in a steady, thorough and deliberate manner and have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion. The successful candidate will be able to search out errors; rectify omissions, perfect systems and procedures which will ultimately raise the quality and standards of all tasks undertaken, seek direction and authority from others when and if appropriate, and achieve set goals in an efficient manner.
- Ensuring all cheques are logged on to the accounts system accurately
- Ensuring that paying in slips are completed accurately
- Regular banking of cheques at a local branch
- Posting and reconciling online credit card batches
- Identifying and posting bank transfers in a timely manner (GBP and foreign)
- Clearing receipts off the Bank Recs so that its clear at the end of each month
- Liaising with credit controllers, sales teams and customers to identify unknown payments
- Processing Refunds to customers via credit cards
Sales Ledger Maintenance
- Correspondence maintenance including change of addresses
- Raising manual invoices and credit notes on a timely basis across multiple portfolios
- Matching cash to invoices
- Running unallocated cash reports and keeping totals to a minimum
- Processing refund paperwork, reversals, write offs and general accounts administration
- Overall management of revenue reconciliation and cashier duties including management of the part time cashier role.
- Complete timely revenue reconciliations for both conference and exhibitions events. The frequency of the recs will depend on the reconciliations – for larger shows a month out, 2 weeks before and close. For smaller shows this will be discussed and agreed by event.
- Follow up with the AR managers and workday / salesforce admin teams regarding chasing integration issues.
- Become a super user on payment allocation to be able to cross train other divisions
- Become the main AR systems point of contact
- Maintain a tidy overall ledger
- Filing of refund paperwork and chargeback paperwork
- Soft copy filing of credit card batches
Knowledge, skills and behaviours:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous line management or Supervisory experience would be preferred
- Familiarity with VAT and tax regulations in the UK, EU and worldwide
- Adaptability to work with different currencies and FX rates
- Working knowledge of Workday financial software an advantage
- Confident using excel
- Contribute to a team environment and maintain a good working atmosphere
- Adaptability to work with a number of different systems
- Attention to detail essential
- Demonstrate the company’s values of Passion, Imagination, Care and Trust
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.