Promotions Manager - Digital Marketing
- Closing date: 30-Nov-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
An opportunity has arisen within the Digital Marketing portfolio at Clarion Events to work on Traffic & Conversion Summit. The Promotions Manager role is an exciting and challenging role that will work in tandem with the rest of the marketing function to grow the events, expand the brands into new geographies and engage our key stakeholder audience. This is your chance to work on the biggest event in the US digital marketing industry learn from some of the best marketing thought leaders.
The Promotions Manager will play a key role in driving overreaching company goals predominately through copywriting, email marketing and social media. The ideal candidate will be someone who has demonstrated passion, and has proven experience in writing, creating and analysing email campaigns as well as running social media accounts for a business.Reporting in to the Head of Marketing you’ll work alongside to deliver marketing objectives across the Traffic & Conversion Summit events to drive performance. You should have a proven track record of delivering growth through email marketing and social media.The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be a team player and have the ability to organise their time to manage multiple projects. They will also have a passion for data and awareness of the online customer journey as we view these as being vital to deliver the email and social strategy.
- Developing and implementing our overall email and social media marketing strategy (with support of the Head of Marketing) for promotions as well as retention (including lead nurture programs)
- Email and social media campaign creation – including developing copy, graphics, emails and landing page content
- Managing the promotional campaign calendar across attendee and sponsor/exhibitor campaigns
- Forecast and manage the digital marketing budget for marketing channels
- Working closely with team to understand events schedule, and to collaborate on overall messaging integration with acquisition campaigns in order to hit the event goals and KPIs
- Working with the senior team to setting our KPIs for our email and social promotions
- Develop and update channel reporting that tracks KPIs and business metrics on a regular basis to uncover actionable trends, insights and forecasts
- Measuring campaign performance and analysing key metrics to optimize campaign effectiveness
- Developing and maintaining nurture reporting methodology, reports, including performance metrics for nurture
- Using data to inform future strategy in order to provide intelligence to encourage profitability and growth.
- Development of a continuous test and learn approach across channels
- Identify key industry trends and innovations to deliver new and exciting email/social marketing campaign plans
- Optimisation: running split tests and evaluating performance to increase conversions and retainment
- Continued learning about email and social media marketing and the entire digital marketing industry through attending events, reading, listening to podcasts and webinars.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience in online marketing and a solid understanding of the digital media landscape.
- Experience with industry leading ESPs and marketing automation tools (Pardot or ActiveCampaign preferred)
- Experience with social media management tools – like Sprout Social
- Experience of Salesforce CRM
- In depth knowledge of email and social media performance metrics and assessment of performance
- Ability to conduct quantitative data analysis in order to determine ROI, forecasting, program effectiveness, and lead volume trends
- Deep knowledge in customer segmentation, list management and deliverability
- Excellent copywriting skills
- In depth knowledge of landing page performance metrics and best practice
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and general email design principles
- Proven ability to learn new tools and software quickly and independently
- Ability to work with data sets and interpret trends
- Project managing all of the activity and processes required to proficiently run campaigns.
- Effective communicator who is comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Organised, proactive and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise relevant tasks
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.