Operations Manager - Gaming
- Closing date: 30-Sep-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
We are Clarion Gaming. We are a charismatic and enthusiastic team who love different, never settle for second, embrace trust & loyalty, strive to make things better & believe in what we do.
A vacancy has arisen within the Operations team for an experienced Operations Manager to work on the Gaming Portfolio; working on large scale exhibitions and conferences.
- Oversee and manage the operational delivery of a number of international events.
- Ensure all exhibitor and speaker needs are fulfilled by Operations team.
- Deliver functional and inspiring show features that contribute towards an exceptional customer experience.
- Manage and develop our relationships with event venues and key suppliers.
- Ensure all necessary orders including; catering, security, signage, rigging, IT, AV, temp staff, furniture etc are placed in a timely manner.
- Ensure our events have the necessary Health & Safety and Floor Management cover.
- Implement the necessary security and traffic schedules for relevant events.
- Liaise with Marketing and Registration Provider to ensure all onsite requirements are put in place.
- Work with the Head of Operations (HOO) and Customer Experience Team to develop the ‘look and feel’ of the exhibitions and improve the customer experience for visitors and exhibitors.
- Creative and develop improved sponsorship offerings to enable Sales team to drive additional revenue.
- Communicate effectively with exhibitors, contractors, suppliers, and the wider team.
- Ensure the events have the appropriate staffing levels onsite including Clarion team and temp staff.
- Ensure event staff are provided with all relevant documentation for onsite roles via effective briefings.
- Respond quickly and calmly to requests from exhibitors and contractors in the office and onsite.
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders, internally and externally.
Management, coaching and mentoring
- Day to day management of Operations Executive (OE).
- Set clear goals, objectives and complete appraisals for your direct report.
- Leading by example and implementing best practices throughout the team.
- Coach and mentor wider Operations team, provide on-going support and training.
- Encourage Operations team to improve performance and personal development.
- Support Head of Operations (HOO) with ad-hoc tasks and projects where required.
- Be guided by Clarion Brand values and educate team – follow best practices.
Team working and development
- Liaise with all departments including Design, Production, Marketing and Sales.
- Lead regular internal team and external client meetings and follow up correspondence.
- Engage and contribute in the company’s Operations Group and away days.
- Stay up to date with industry developments and H&S regulations.
- Attend training courses where relevant.
- At all times representing Clarion Events and brand values in a professional manner.
Health & Safety
- Design and manage event floor plans to meet revenue targets and H&S regulation.
- Design and coordinate delivery build and pullout schedules for suppliers as necessary.
- Liaise closely with all contractors and suppliers to ensure show is built to correct plan and specifications with support of HOO where required.
- Complete event profiles and Risk Assessments for HOO and Event Director review and approval.
- Approve all space only stand plans to ensure they comply with Clarion stand build rules. Reference E-guide / G-Guide regulations where appropriate.
- Collaborate with the venue to ensure events meet local regulations and Clarion H&S standards.
- Collaborate with your H&S team to monitor and control H&S onsite including adhering to CDM where required.
- Provide post show evaluation reports and recommend improvements for implementation to HOO and Event Director.
Finance and contracting
- Set, forecast and reconcile budgets for events.
- Management event costs and ensure agreed budgets is adhered to.
- Ensure accurate timely communication of cash flow for Operations.
- Research, compare and negotiate costs to appoint the best suppliers with approval from HOP.
- Encourage Operations team to pro-actively save costs. Mentor junior members on methods.
- Contract negotiation with venues, catering, AV and other suppliers where applicable.
- Oversee and manage relevant supplier commission agreements and update budgets.
- Compile and managing Service Level Agreements for contractors and suppliers.
- Evaluate suppliers and drive regular tenders to achieve budget and strategy objectives.
- Ensure events run smoothly, on budget, professionally and to a high standard.
- Ensure all methods and processes are GDPR compliant.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Extensive experience in the exhibition industry.
- Sound understanding of operational, venue and local authority procedures.
- Proven experience of moving events and ideas from concept to delivery.
- Financial and cost management experience.
- Experience in negotiation, contracting and working with a number of suppliers.
- Proven managerial experience where the leading and developing junior staff members can be demonstrated.
- Proven management experience including recruitment and setting objectives.
- Stand plan approval experience in line with organisers site rules.
- Familiar with E & G-Guides.
- Health & Safety Course qualification – minimum IOSH Managing Safely.
- Comfortable dealing with senior members of staff within a business.
- Confident with strong communication skills; being able to deal with a broad range of people at every level.
- Self-motivated and thrives on responsibility.
- Dedicated to excellent customer service.
- Excellent organisational and methodological skills, with high attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure.
- Ability to remain calm in busy and stressful environments.
- Personable team player.
- Available to travel Worldwide and work long hours and weekends where required.
We love the unexpected:
- We’re adventurous and willing to try new things
- We embrace and drive change
- We aim to surprise and delight
We’re open and happy to share:
- We engage with stakeholders outside the event
- We build sharing communities
- We embrace others ideas
We’re committed to caring:
- We take personal responsibility to get things done
- We always think about every step of the experience
- We strive to understand and meet customers’ needs
We continuously learn:
- We actively seek inspiration from all quarters
- We constantly strive to improve what we do and how we do it
- We help learning lead to growth.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.