- Closing date: 31-May-2021
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Daisy Krais
- Location: London
- Company name: dmg events
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 07923221363
About Us – Dmg Events
dmg events is an international exhibitions and publishing company. We attract more than 425,000 visitors to our global portfolio of 80 exhibitions each year. Through our global events, our aim is simple. We want to accelerate business through face-to-face events, which is why we work so hard to bring people together, creating opportunities for them to network, learn and do business.
dmg events is part of the Daily Mail Group Trust (DMGT). DMGT Manages a diverse, multinational portfolio of companies with total revenues of £2bn, that provide businesses and consumers with compelling information, analysis, insight, events, news and entertainment.
An enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated Operations Manager is sought for this exciting role. Working closely with the wider operations and event teams, you will be responsible for the organisation and management of multiple international exhibition and conference projects within the energy portfolio at dmg events, from conception through to completion.
Working with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to deliver operational excellence, on time and within budget and with a good ROI.
You will have no direct reports. You will be primarily based in our High Street Kensington office.
- Plan and execute successfully all operational and logistical elements for conferences and exhibitions in consultation with the Head of Operations, Event Director / Conference Producers and Sales team.
- Effectively work on the technical elements of the events, projects which may include catering, internet, signage, feature areas, conference etc
- Co-ordinating onsite freight, traffic and security requirements.
- Assist with the production of Exhibitor Manuals and Information sheets, to help clients to plan their participation at the event.
- Agree event sponsorship sales opportunities / obtain quotes, then implement any sponsor/exhibitor agreements and liaise directly with the client on fulfilment, providing great customer service care.
- Successfully manage Salesforce and Operational processes for your designated events – including creating and keeping up to date with event operations Critical Path Analyses.
- Have an understanding of registration and badging processes, working with finance and delegate sales teams to register attendees
- Prepare, manage, and monitor operational event budgets, keeping costs firmly under control.
- Strong negotiating skills, helping achieve profit targets through cost savings.
- Externally - Builds and maintains excellent working relationships with external providers including (but not exclusively) venues, all types of service suppliers and A/V providers.
- Internally – Interacts effectively with fellow team members, other departments and relevant DMG global network to gain and effectively apply internal knowledge.
- Ensure first class customer communications (delegate, sponsor, and exhibitor) at all times. Managing scheduled communication to go out at key stages of the event process regarding all logistical details.
- Managing speakers, both pre-event and onsite. Including creating and sharing speaker briefing notes, collating presentations, and working with content to update programmes.
Health and Safety
- Ensure Health & Safety best practices are followed and monitored throughout the planning cycle and onsite (e.g. g-Guide minimum standard).
- Complete Health & Safety documentation, putting together Health & Safety folders for all events, including; Risk Assessments, Fire Risk Assessments, Emergency Evacuation Plans, Major Incident Plans, etc…
Skills And Experience Required
- Experience (4 years minimum) in international B2B conferences and exhibitions. Experience of working in Africa (particularly Nigeria and/or Mozambique) and/or China is advantageous.
- Additional Languages are advantageous, specifically Mandarin or Portuguese
- Detailed knowledge of small to large scale operations and Health & Safety best practice. Ideally with IOSH Certification.
- Strong negotiating and contract management skills.
- Project Management; ability to oversee/manage multiple products.
- Sound commercial awareness – management of budgets for events and keeping within the budget set.
- Ability to network and liaise with senior people/trade bodies, associations and diverse cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD is helpful.
- Open to international travel to countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, North America
You will be…
- Customer Focused – put the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Hard working - Strong work ethic representing our industry leading brands
- Studious - Desire to learn and embrace best practice within your discipline
- Respectful – demonstrate consistency and reliability in all areas
- Collaborative – display open communication and innovation
- Proactive – take initiative on opportunities and test your ideas
- Efficient – display excellent time management and prioritisation
- Effective – focusing on the right things at the right time to deliver the best results
Benefits To Working With Dmg Events
- Be part of the biggest media organisation in UK
- Free access to onsite gym and medical facilities.
- Working in our amazing London office in High Street Kensington.
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Access to the DMGT benefits portal with hundreds of discounts on high street shops and restaurants.
- Monthly Social events with the rest of the team as well as Summer and Christmas parties
- Opportunities for travel across and work in our international events and office
- 25 Days annual Leave pro rata to start date
- Season Ticket Loans
- Continual service enhanced packages
- Life Assurance
- Pension plan