Operations Manager - Central Operations (Maternity)
- Closing date: 31-Mar-20
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
We have an exciting opportunity in the central operations team for an Operations Manager. The role will primarily be to manage the operations for conferences and exhibitions for portfolios operating in various sectors such as Payments, Oil & Gas and Transport.
Candidates will need to demonstrate strong experience of delivering high quality international conferences and large scale exhibitions, and an ability to cope in high pressure situations while never taking their eye off the important details.
- To manage the operational delivery of a number of medium - large events worldwide from conception to completion
- Manage portfolio budgets, future planning & forecasting in line with budget expectations and report to MD and PD's.
- Manage contractors and suppliers including sourcing and appointing new contractors to ensure centralised buying opportunities are maximized. Including but not limited to signage, AV, and furniture
- Contract negotiation and management of relationship with venues and catering suppliers
- Knowledge and understanding of venue contract and terms and conditions terminology
- Producing an exhibitor manual/zone for exhibitors
- Liaising with the whole team including production, marketing, sales, and finance to ensure maximum awareness of all conference elements
- Accurate and timely communication of cash flow for all operations costs
- Deliver sponsor and exhibitor benefits and fulfillment of all packages as sold by the portfolios: stands, branding, bags, etc
- Able to think outside the box and come up with innovative ideas that make their events stand out.
- Manage the internal designer and the whole design process for the event signage and show guide
- Production and timely communication of correct and detailed technical information for exhibitors
- Designing and managing floor plans
- Methodical filing and record keeping
- Responding quickly and calmly to requests from delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors pre-event and onsite. The ability to remain calm in high pressure environments is important.
- Consideration and management of health and safety issues and decisions; compiling a full and comprehensive health and safety file for the show including risk assessments and CPP, ensuring all documents are thoroughly checked and verified
- Post show evaluation and development
- Available to travel worldwide
- Attend training courses as directed by Line Manager
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a professional manner
- Day to day management of up to 3 members of Operations staff
- Demonstrate clear and effective communication of ideas and processes to reporting staff
- Coach and encourage reporting staff with ideas, objectives, and goals to improve their personal performance and personal development
- Monitoring and evaluation of reporting staff progress
- Completing staff appraisals as necessary
- Able to identify and assist management with improvement and implementation of best practice
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours:
- Proven experience in the international conference and exhibition industry
- Understanding of operational and venue procedures
- Prior experience in staff management
- Organised and methodical
- Experience in working with a number of contractors
- Proven experience in dealing with the financial element of events including budgetary controls
- Familiar with the E-Guide & G-Guide.
- Health & Safety Course qualification – minimum IOSH Managing Safely.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to deal with a broad range of people at every level
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to take responsibility
- Able to work within a team
- An astute negotiator
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Prepared to work long hours and weekends
- Ability to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure
- Effective time management
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office and Outlook
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.