Operations Executive - Gaming
- Closing date: 29-Aug-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
We are Clarion Gaming. We are a charismatic and enthusiastic team who love different, never settle for second, embrace trust & loyalty, strive to make things better & believe in what we do.
We have an exciting opportunity in the Gaming team for an Operations Executive. The role will be to organise the operations for conferences and exhibitions for the gaming portfolio.
- Organise and deliver small to large sized conferences, dinners and other meetings from inception to completion with guidance and support of a Manager.
- Assist operations team to deliver medium – large scale exhibitions.
- Order all necessary conference services including but not limited to; catering, furniture, signage, AV, IT, features, staffing, registration, stand fitting, carpet, electrics and security.
- Organise exhibitors and sponsors logistics to ensure all sponsor and exhibitor packages are fulfilled as sold by the portfolios.
- Production and timely communication of correct and detailed technical information for exhibitors including contributing to a comprehensive Exhibitor Manual.
- Respond quickly and calmly to requests from speakers, sponsors and exhibitors pre-event and onsite.
- Working closely with the Event Directors, Producers, Sales and Marketing teams, as well as other Operations team members, to seamlessly deliver the event.
- Organising speaker logistics and manage speaker requirements to ensure that the conference programmes run smoothly.
- Manage the costs, prepare and report event budgets with support of a Manager.
- To arrange travel and hotel arrangements for staff within a pre-set budget.
- Remain calm in busy and stressful environments including abroad.
- Maintain good levels of communication between sponsors, exhibitors and the rest of the team before and during the event.
- Attend meetings with internal team members, contractors and venues and contribute as necessary to add value to the event.
- Manage inbound and outbound e-mail communication with contractors & exhibitors keeping them abreast of all required and updated show information.
- Contribute to the creation and development of sponsorship and sales packs & delegate guides with guidance from Manager.
- Understand the principles of floor plan design, to include venue rules and health and safety parameters, and ensure these are incorporated. Responsible for the accuracy of floor plans at all stages.
- Fulfilling all financial requirements for the given show elements as listed above. To include raising purchase orders, updating budget sheets, obtaining final costs and signing off invoices.
- Actively involved on the show floor during all periods of tenancy.
- Ensuring all contractors are fulfilling their obligations and that the show is built correctly against all relevant plans and schedules.
- Attending relevant training as required, including health & safety training.
- Developing a thorough understanding of health & safety principles and ensuring all parties are in compliance. Assisting with all show health & safety related documentation and constantly looking to improve knowledge and experience in this area.
- Involvement in post-show analysis and reporting. Reviewing achievements and processes and making recommendations for future improvements.
- Assisting the Operations team with any other ad hoc tasks as required. Includes Ad hoc administration tasks as required by the Manager or Head of Operations (HOO).
- Participate in the company’s Operations Group.
- Methodical filing and record keeping.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Experience in the conference and exhibition industry or with a background in live events.
- Experience in fulfilling sponsorship delivery.
- Experience liaising with international speakers, VIPs, sponsors or exhibitor management.
- Experience working with hotels and/or venues.
- Financial experience/budgetary control experience.
- Experience in managing travel arrangements.
- Able to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure.
- Excellent social and communication skills, utilized for dealing with a broad range of people
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Organised, methodical and an effective problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively, whilst remaining calm under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility to work over weekends and evenings and travel worldwide when necessary.
The Gaming team is a group of enthusiastic individuals driven by the following values:
We love the unexpected:
- We’re adventurous and willing to try new things
- We embrace and drive change
- We aim to surprise and delight
We’re open and happy to share:
- We engage with stakeholders outside the event
- We build sharing communities
- We embrace others ideas
We’re committed to caring:
- We take personal responsibility to get things done
- We always think about every step of the experience
- We strive to understand and meet customers’ needs
We continuously learn:
- We actively seek inspiration from all quarters
- We constantly strive to improve what we do and how we do it
- We help learning lead to growth.