Operations Assistant - Enthusiast
- Closing date: 30-Sep-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Abigail Quesnel
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: Abigail.Quesnel@clarionevents.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
A vacancy has arisen within the Enthusiast Operations team for an Operations Assistant. We are looking for an organised, efficient and pro-active individual who can fit into our busy and hardworking team, working across a varied mix of leading consumer events.
The role will mainly be office based, but will work onsite at events. Therefore, any candidates applying should be willing to adapt to the onsite environment with all its unique pressures.
- Production and timely communication of correct and detailed technical information for exhibitors.
- Responding quickly and calmly to requests from sponsors and exhibitors pre-event and onsite.
- Arranging travel and hotel arrangements for staff within a pre-set budget.
- Creating and developing exhibitor manuals.
- Providing a day to day advice service to exhibitors calling the Operations Department.
- Keeping all show administration up to date. For example, managing exhibitor lists, contractor lists, special requirements and processing of all relevant forms.
- Liaising with other show team members to ensure the Operations Department receive up to date and correct information in a timely manner.
- Attending show meetings and taking minutes for circulation to all departments. Minutes should be relevant to all parties involved in each show.
- Participating in regular floor plan checks, to include communicating any changes to the external floor plan department and overseeing their work.
- Preparing the Operations equipment and documents ready to take on site. For example, copying floor plans, exhibitor lists and schedules, packing all necessary items and arranging their transportation.
- Assisting with general office management such as monitoring of stationery needs and placing orders and keeping all store areas tidy and well organised.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Experience in the exhibition industry (not essential).
- Experience with exhibitor management, managing travel arrangements and working with hotels and/or venues.
- Highly organised and methodical with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and resolve problems calmly under pressure.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and productive approach, with the ability to take responsibility.
- Able to work within a team and independently.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to manage time effectively and multi-task.
- Adaptable, particularly with I.T. systems.
- Prepared to work some weekends.