Network and Unified Communication Engineer
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: UK, Richmond, Greater London
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Network and Unified Communication Engineer
Reports to: Head of Networks and Unified Communications
Based at: Flexible (Global opportunity)
Reed Exhibitions (RX) is the world’s leading events organiser and is part of RELX Group, recently named one of the World’s Top 100 Employers and among the World’s Most Innovative Companies. With over 7,000 technologists across the group, RELX offers solid opportunities for progression and learning.
RX Global Technology is leading business transformation in a dynamic and fast changing industry. This is an exciting and growing team, delivering high profile programs that facilitate millions of meaningful business connections, drive increased customer value and enable more productive working across our truly international business.
We value an agile approach, a growth mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit. In return, we offer a competitive salary, great benefits, flexible working, and many opportunities to attend our shows, including Comic Con and Gamer Network (our 500 shows span 43 industry sectors in 30 countries so there will surely be something that appeals!).
The Network and Unified Communication Engineer will work across global shared network and communications systems, and as such will be strongly collaborating with RX colleagues all over the world. You will work as part of the CIT Networks Team, providing support for the IT network and unified communications technologies, in conjunction with the wider CIT Infrastructure Team and other parts of RELX technology support.
- ensure that network and communications systems perform as required to support the business
- research, define and document the network architecture and high level designs for major RX project initiatives
- provide support and instruction to the regional hubs on managing network and unified communication technologies ensure network estate is appropriately patched and hardened defined standards and best practices, in compliance with annual audit guidelines
- participate in security testing process, and develop and action remediation plans
- on-call network support (Operational and Project)
- contribute to awareness of network strategy and culture
- network technologies in medium/large scale enterprise environments
- network engineering experience
- designing and developing network standards
- a wide variety network solutions, standards and protocols
- industry standard network systems
- LAN Switches (Cisco 2960, 3850, 6500s, 4500s ,Sup 720s, Nexus etc)
- WAN (Cisco, MPLS, OSPF, BGP)
- Unified Communication Systems – Cisco CUCM , CUC , Jabber clients, QoS)
- working knowledge of Scripting Languages, (ideally Python or Perl)
Experience with Security; Firewalls (Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA), DNS/DHCP/IPAM and IPS (McAfee) would be beneficial but not essential.
- strong service-orientated mindset
- strong English language skills
- excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- driven and self-motivated
- flexibility and growth and learning mindset
- strong cultural awareness
- exceptional oral and written communications skills at all levels
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to email@example.com with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV’S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.