- Closing date: 30-Aug-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sian Kelly
- Location: London Paddington
- Company name: ITE Group Plc
- Email: email@example.com
As a New Business Manager, you will generate new business for ITE Group. You will be expected to convert leads that are self-sourced (on-site at ITE Group events, at competitor events, or through other channels) or provided by ITE Group’s Marketing function. This role requires a high-level of personal interaction over the phone, email, or face-to-face. It is well-suited to an outgoing, highly personable individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Self-source leads by networking at industry conferences and meetings, ITE Group events, and competitor events, or through online research.
- Follow-up promptly on self-sourced leads and leads generated by the Marketing team, which may require calling people whom you have not previously met.
- Convert leads into sold revenue by helping customers understand how exhibiting at ITE Group’s event can help them realise their strategic objectives.
- Maximise revenue by upselling customers on their stand size whenever possible.
- Attend ITE events to support the rebooking process and / or hold prearranged meetings with potential customers.
Experience & Knowledge - Essential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Proven experience developing key accounts
- Strong academic background
- Proven experience as a new business hunter
- Experience of cold calling
- Experience of working to a sales target
- Strategically and commercially minded being able to implement initiatives identified
- Demonstrable experience of regularly dealing with senior stakeholders up to and including the C-Suite of Blue chip companies
- You will be expected to manage and build strong relationships with key accounts assigned
- Taking control and revenue day planning
- Post completion performance improvement and tracking
- Professional services track record, either as a consultant / advisor or as an internal consultant/ advisor within a corporate
- Comfort around high level financial analysis and understanding of the key operational and commercial drivers.
Experience & Knowledge - Desirable
- Previous experience in the events industry advantageous, but not required
Personal Qualities - Essential
- A strong understanding of client generation
- Being able to use initiative
- Ability to thrive in a stressful environment
- A quick learner – must be able to articulate our value proposition and convince prospective clients of its effectiveness
- The ability to work independently and part of a team
- A polite, friendly, and diplomatic manner
- Ability to travel, without restriction, throughout most countries, especially the EU