- Closing date: 04-Jun-2021
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Project Manager
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: David Harrison
- Location: Wallington - Greater London
- Company name: PPMA Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 020 8773 5513
- Website: http://ppmashow.co.uk
MARKETING MANAGER – 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
One of the UK’s leading trade associations is at the next stage of its future development and is creating a strategic vision to enhance service delivery to its members. The association is well established and highly regarded. It serves over 500 member companies, which are predominantly based in the UK. The goals of the association are to improve the business performance of its member companies via an array of activities including: trade shows, publications, advertising, promotion, and training seminars.
An experienced marketing professional is required for a 12-month fixed term contract to drive the marketing communications schedule forward. The individual needs to be forward thinking and lead a team of two other marketing members (Marketing Executive and Digital Marketing Executive) over the coming months, especially with two highly acclaimed events taking place.
With a Marketing Communications schedule in place, it will be the individual’s role to ensure that all aspects of the schedule is executed to a high standard. This is a senior position reporting directly to the COO. The successful candidate will be capable of taking the marketing activity to the next level and react to various changes.
With a wide range of members, ranging from small SME’s to large multinationals, it is essential the individual can address the needs of all the membership and their ultimate end users.
The role will have an influence across several departments including trade shows, external publishing, training seminars, company e-communications and website. The annual trade show is a major part of the organisations activity, and as such, significant time and effort will need to be directed towards this event. Equally important is the ability to integrate into our close-knit team of professionals, as well as building strong relations with our members and other external bodies.
This role benefits from an extensive Marketing & Communications plan for the main exhibition providing an opportunity for the successful individual to add their own ideas and value against established processes.
- Lead and contribute to the marketing strategy for the organisation.
- Determine the most appropriate way in which to communicate across all media with our members and their end-users.
- Execute and develop the marketing program (with the show Director) for the major annual trade show held by the organisation for its members.
- Work with key stakeholders to create open communications.
- Direct appropriate actions to increase membership. Set priorities and push promotions to optimise results in collaboration with other department leaders.
- Ensure the organisation has a clear ‘voice’ within the industry, and a voice that is followed and respected.
- Responsible spokesperson for external media including creation of model answers to common industry associated questions to which the organisation should hold an opinion.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in exhibition marketing.
- Organisational skills.
- In depth experience of creating marketing strategy for an organisation/group.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies which have “made a difference” to current/past organisations. The candidate will be expected to clearly demonstrate examples of this in order to be considered for the position.
- Outstanding communications skills, both internally and externally.
- Running or significant involvement in external public shows and/or events.
- First-hand experience of latest methods in delivering marketing communications via web, social media, digital media etc.
- Strong interest and understanding of future trends for e-communications.
- Competence in preparing plans and some budgetary experience.
- You are likely to be degree educated with appropriate marketing qualifications.
Key Qualities Required:
- A clear and open communicator
- Creative vision with an ability to “think outside of the box”.
- The ability to work with a very broad range of personnel.
- An individual who is capable of mentoring and developing team members.
Key Skills Required:
- A knowledge of some/all of the following areas would be an advantage: manufacturing, processing, packaging, equipment, FMCG.
- An advanced marketing qualification.
- A demonstrable ability of championing change.
If you are interested in contributing to a highly respected trade organisation, who performs at the top of the market in everything that it does, we would very much like to hear from you. Please forward a copy of your CV and covering letter as soon as possible.