Marketing Manager - Energy
- Closing date: 29-Feb-2020
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
Enlit is a series of events like no other, unique in scope, global reach and in its commitment to inspire attendees to make a positive impact on the future of energy.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, passionate and experienced events marketer to join the Clarion Energy team. The successful candidate will own the strategy and tactical delivery of our profile segmented Exhibitor Promotions (EXPROM) for Enlit Europe, the new unifying brand for our European Utility Week and POWERGEN Europe events, as part of Clarion Energy’s global portfolio of events.
Although reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager in the London office, the role will involve working together with the Enlit Europe Commercial Director and Marketing Director, both of whom are based in our Maarssen office in The Netherlands, to build and execute the agreed campaign accordingly.
This is a challenging but rewarding role on the largest event within the Clarion Energy division. The event holds huge potential for further growth and the chosen candidate must be able to work independently and hit the ground running. The role will also involve regular in-person meetings at our Maarssen office with the commercial and marketing teams.
We are looking for a strategic, confident, self-starting and creative thinker with proven success within B2B event marketing and with very strong copy writing skills. The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, be an excellent team player and have the ability to organise their time effectively. The candidate will work alongside the sales & content teams in Maarssen, The Netherlands to ensure the successful delivery of Enlit Europe in October 2020.
- Writing and proofing copy for a range of marketing platforms & materials including websites, social media, emails and brochures.
- Planning and delivering cross-channel marketing campaigns with support from the wider Marketing & Data team in line with the event or project objectives.
- Assisting with the design, production and distribution of all promotional materials relating to Enlit Europe.
- Ensure the event website are fully up to date with latest information, are on message and on brand.
- Remain up-to-date with latest market developments to spot opportunities in line with the commercial plan.
- Working with sponsors, exhibitors and speakers to promote the events with their networks.
- Working with segmented media and association partners to secure valuable external promotions for the commercial development of the event.
- Working with the Clarion Energy data team to effectively manage and segment data, assisting to identify gaps, develop new data sources and implement a data build plan.
- Provide the Senior Marketing Manager with on-going and comprehensive post campaign reports and recommendations for future improvements.
- Remain up-to-date with latest communications tools and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness.
- Provide social media updates throughout the campaign, utilising the existing wealth of content produced by Clarion Energy’s international array of media titles.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager and international Clarion offices to ensure correct data segmentation usage across the portfolio.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience in an event-industry marketing role.
- Excellent copy writing skills.
- A proven track record of managing successful marketing communications campaigns.
- Experience using marketing automation and CRM systems (preferably Pardot and Salesforce).
- Good knowledge of digital marketing practices.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment (inc. remote teams).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise relevant tasks.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.