Marketing Manager - Infosecurity
- Closing date: 31-Dec-2018
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Sandra Geluykens
- Location: Richmond, Surrey
- Company name: Reed Exhibitions Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.reedexpo.co.uk
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Infosecurity Europe, Infosecurity Group (maternity cover)
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Based at: Richmond, Surrey, UK (#LI-POST)
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organiser, with over 500 events in 30 countries. In 2015 Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 40 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of the RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
Infosecurity Group manages a portfolio of B2B activities aimed at bringing the cyber security community together, be that face to face at our events or online via our acclaimed magazine and webinar channels. We run 8 shows across the globe, and the award-winning Infosecurity Magazine. The Group is now seeking an energetic and high-calibre individual to look after our flagship event – Infosecurity Europe - now in its 24th year and with 130k customers all around the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate and customer-centric team and to play a key role in the further development and growth of a well-known and popular brand in a booming industry. With >35% growth over the last few years, it’s a great time to get on-board.
Based in beautiful Richmond-upon-Thames, the role will manage the whole marketing mix and provides a great opportunity to flex your marketing muscle across the whole brand.
Ideally, you will have experience working of working in the tech sector or even be a passionate tech geek yourself. Super sharp digital skills are also crucial working with in-house teams and external agencies to create engaging and compelling customer-centric communications for our core information security audience.
If you are an enthusiastic, metrics-driven, content sharp problem-solver with a passion for making things happen, then we really want to hear from you! As the world’s premier Events company this role should be a great career springboard.
Job Purpose: Contribute to the success of the Infosecurity Group Portfolio through the definition and delivery of a first-rate Marketing Plan to drive revenue growth, customer satisfaction and visitor engagement targets.
• Develop an integrated, customer segmented marketing strategy across all channels encompassing key messaging alongside the portfolio’s existing value proposition
• Outline customer journey per segment and ensure all communications complement the journey
• Using the marketing strategy, develop show marketing plans and timelines to enable clear implementation
• Measure and adapt all marketing related activities against commercial and strategic goals on an ongoing basis
• KPIs include – customer engagement (open, CTR etc), quantity and quality of visitor registration, onsite conversion as well as exhibitor and visitor satisfaction and NPS.
Implementation and delivery
• Overall responsibility for ensuring the execution of the marketing campaign across all channels including: website, email, social, digital, PR, print, indirect (media partners and exhibitors’ own channels) etc.
• Support the attainment of commercial objectives and sales targets through integrated sales & marketing campaigns and the development of sales tools alongside sales value proposition & messaging training
• Evaluate and articulate our competitive advantage / differentiation by customer segment and develop strategies accordingly
• Alongside the Head of Marketing and Exhibition Director, identify and nurture long term partnerships with key industry players
• Work with the rest of the marketing team plus in-house teams to deliver plans
• Focus on improving marketing effectiveness, delivering efficiencies by seeking out and adopting best practice
Customer, market & competitive insight & analysis
• Be the Voice of the Customer - develop a thorough understanding of the needs and attitudes of our target segments.
• Collect consumer insight & recommend research gaps to understand customer or market needs to build stronger brand experience and value proposition
• Research exhibitor and attendee communities across individual market segments to develop universe size & pipeline
• Ongoing analysis of campaign results and subsequent changes needed to the plan
• Demonstrate an understanding of the industry in which we operate, meet with our partners and customers as available. Continue to develop market knowledge
• Manage marketing budget including definition, tracking and reconciliation. Ability to look for cost savings if and when required.
• Close working relationship with relevant internal and external partners and suppliers
• Being seen as the marketing expert for the market, always championing the needs of our customers
• Attend competitive events (locally and globally)
• Highly organised self-starter, with strong time management and planning skills, meticulous attention to detail and a proven ability to multi-task
• Excellent listening and negotiation skills, including proven ability to influence and lead
• Events industry experience a must
• Solid experience of marketing at a senior level and ideally CIM/IDM qualified
• Solid B2B marketing experience, volume consumer marketing also useful
• Experience across Tech, Media or IT sectors an advantage
• Global marketing experience (especially US) an advantage
Interested? If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations. Or you can apply online at www.reedexpo.com
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV’S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.