Marketing Executive - Phacilitate
- Closing date: 30-Jun-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
Clarion is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. In more recent times, the firm has grown into a truly international business, with a portfolio of events and media brands across a range of vertical markets.
Phacilitate – one of Clarion’s life science events teams – are seeking a Marketing Executive to join their very exciting and fast growing portfolio. Phacilitate is a specialist in the organisation of partnering events for the Advanced Therapies sector (cell, gene and immunotherapy).
Phacilitate occupy a unique, market leading position in Europe (London), America (Miami) and China (Shanghai) providing business critical insight to a global network of pharma, biotech, healthcare, academic and investment organisations via a range of special interest groups, trade missions, conferences and large scale events.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced events marketer to join the Phacilitate team as a Marketing Executive. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivering cross-channel marketing campaigns for our award winning conferences. The chosen candidate must be able to work independently and execute large campaigns in order to drive qualified leads and hit revenue targets.
This is a rare opportunity to join an ambitious team with an ethos on building success through collaboration with each other, customers and wider stakeholders.
Supported by the Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of creative marketing campaigns of the highest quality, delivered on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, be a strong communicator and be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
We are looking for a bright and highly motivated individual who is ready to hit the ground running. You will be involved in all aspects of the marketing campaign including managing and segmenting data, running digital advertising campaigns and creating and sending post event materials including presentations and surveys.
- Driving online traffic with web-related campaigns including SEO, PPC and retargeting
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of digital campaigns/channels and marketing emails, making recommendations to improve performance and drive ROI
- Managing and segmenting data for email campaigns and identifying data gaps
- Producing comprehensive post campaign reports and recommendations for future improvements
- Creating and sending post event materials including surveys, presentations and post show reports
- Building relationships and day to day liaison with campaign managers, web and registration agencies Act as the pardot “champion” for the portfolio and testing new functionalities and logic to ensure we are using it to maximise effect; taking the lead in planning and executing engagement campaigns, monitoring effectiveness and adapting as necessary
- Designing and sending weekly SPEX marketing emails, working closely with the wider team
- Proactively exploiting the functionalities of advertising software and tools to improve the quality of campaigns and lead generation
- Generating leads via our monthly alert by taking the initiative to suggest content to feature and proposing new angles for each months newsletter
- Managing the setup of the event apps to ensure that meetings can effectively be arranged and that we deliver an excellent on-site experience
- Maintaining social media pages and tracking results
- Working with key media and association partners to negotiate and fulfil agreements to provide valuable external promotions for the events
- Maintaining and updating event websites and proactively putting forward new ideas to improve the online customer experience
- Writing and proofing flawless copy for a range of marketing platforms and materials including websites and social
- Proactively participating in 121’s, team meetings and project meetings, putting forward observations and new ideas to drive the success of both marketing and wider team activities
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience in a marketing or events role in a B2B environment
- Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field desirable
- A proven track record of implementing successful marketing communications campaigns
- Understanding of database management and segmentation techniques
- Experience using a CRM system – Pardot and Salesforce would be preferred
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing practices and channels such as Google Analytics, SEO, PPC and social media
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Outstanding attention to detail and flawless copywriting and proofing skills are essential
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interrogate data and draw conclusions
- Life sciences experience would be preferred, but not essential
- Exemplary verbal and written English
- Highly organised and capable of multi-tasking
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills with an ability to contribute in a collaborative team environment
- Commercially minded and motivated to exceed targets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical and able to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal accountability
- A proactive thinker and implementer with a “can do” approach to work and who uses initiative
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.