Marketing Executive - Enthusiast (Travel)
- Closing date: 30-Sep-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
A vacancy has arisen for a Marketing Executive in the Enthusiast department within the Travel Portfolio working on Destinations: The Holiday & Travel and the Caravan and Motorhome Shows.
As the leading UK travel event, The Destinations Shows (London and Manchester) attract over 73,000 passionate, active and affluent travellers to discover the very best in new holiday experiences and the latest travel hotspots. The event is sponsored by the Times and also works with Stanfords to host the Travel Writers Festival with inspirational talks from explorers, adventurers, historians, novelists, TV personalities and many more.
The largest show of its kind, the Caravan and Motorhome Show Manchester offers the biggest choice of caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes anywhere in the North of England.
The Marketing Executive will assist the Marketing Managers with the implementation of the events’ marketing campaign. They will report into the Marketing Manager who will continue to provide them with leadership, support and guidance on campaign implementation as well as personal development support to enable the right candidate the opportunity to grow within the portfolio.
We are looking for an experienced enthusiastic, articulate and dedicated Marketing Executive to assist the Senior Marketing Manager and Marketing Manager to deliver a highly focused and powerful marketing campaigns.
- Assist in the design and implementation of promotional campaigns for marketing Destinations and the Caravan & Motorhome Shows to achieve set objectives
- Assist in the organisation of all promotional activities (digital, print and partnership activity) ensuring they are carried out efficiently and within agreed budgets
- Work closely with in-house design team to brief and create artwork as required in line with show branding
- Write copy in line with developed show branding
- Segment data, build, implement and report on email campaigns in Pardot
- Day to day website updates
- Take a key role in the design and implementation of the direct mail campaign
- Administer processes to comply with the data strategy and implementation of all Direct Marketing
- Liaising and building good communication with exhibitors to maximize promotional opportunieis and instill confidence in marketing campaign
- General liaison with PR agency
- Develop and maintain systems and processes (Marketing manual requests, e-tickets, update daily ticket reports, GA/Digital reporting etc.)
- Build, maintain and coordinate marketing partnerships
- Play an integral role in building a programme of content for the shows’ live features
- Support the Marketing Managers in the market intelligence gathering process
- Manage and maintain product websites, and contribute to their ongoing development
- Provide the Marketing Managers with on-going and comprehensive post campaign reports and recommendations for future improvements
- Remain up-to-date with latest communications tools and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour:
- Solid experience as a marketing executive
- Experience in the events or travel markets would be beneficial
- Understanding of the core marketing disciplines and what each can deliver
- Thorough knowledge of company’s products
- Good understanding of databases and segmentation techniques
- Understanding of tracking and response reporting
- A knowledge of both on and offline marketing
- Ideally have previous experience of building email campaigns in Pardot
- Previous experience of updating and maintaining websites
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative, as well as an ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, whilst maintaining calm under pressure
- A quick and creative thinker
- Excellent attention to detail, strong copy writing, proofing and analytical skills
- Cost control and negotiation skills
- Financial awareness.