Marketing Executive - Defence
- Closing date: 30-Sep-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
Clarion Defence & Security organises sector leading events that enable government officials, industry leaders and technical experts to share ideas, develop partnerships, conduct business, network and access export and growth markets.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and creative Marketing Executive to join the Defence & Security marketing team. The successful candidate will help the Marketing Manager to deliver against the agreed marketing strategy for a series of events by assisting with the planning, organisation and execution of innovative marketing campaigns. The key objective of which is to raise the profile of the Company and its events in order to maximize revenue and contribute creatively to the continued growth and development of the portfolio and the organisation.
Supported by the Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and implementation of creative marketing campaigns of the highest standard delivered on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will be highly creative and an excellent team player with the ability to organise their time to manage multiple projects.
- Planning and delivering cross-channel marketing campaigns with support from the Marketing Manager in line with the event or project objectives.
- Assisting with the design, production and distribution of all promotional materials relating to the portfolio.
- Writing and proofing copy for a range of marketing platforms & materials including websites, social media, emails and brochures.
- Maintaining and updating websites.
- Using digital channels and technologies to enhance the online presence of the business.
- Managing and segmenting data, identifying gaps, developing new data sources and implementing a data build plan.
- Continuous analysis and evaluation of marketing campaigns to improve performance.
- Assisting with the PR activity relating to the portfolio, researching material for press releases, building relationships with relevant press and partners.
- Building and managing relationships with external suppliers and negotiating prices.
- Working with key media & association partners to secure valuable external promotions for the events.
- Carrying out competitor analysis to identify potential threats and opportunities.
- Provide the Marketing Manager with on-going and comprehensive post campaign reports and recommendations for future improvements.
- Remain up-to-date with latest communications tools and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness.
- Act as a social media and new technologies ‘expert’ for the portfolio, keeping abreast of what’s new within the marketing space.
Knowledge, skills and behaviours:
- Previous experience in a B2B events role.
- A proven track record of implementing successful marketing communications campaigns.
- Experience using a CRM system, ideally Pardot/Salesforce.
- Experience in social media and awareness of new marketing technologies.
- Understanding of database management and segmentation techniques.
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing practices and channels.
- Analytics, SEO, PPC and social media knowledge.
- Proven understanding of marketing campaign tracking and reporting on key metrics.
- Excellent written and oral communicator.
- Strong analytical skills to interrogate data and draw conclusions.
- A hunger to reach and exceed targets; being commercially minded and motivated to succeed with a tenacious ‘can do’ approach to work.
- Attention to detail, strong copy writing, proofing and analytical skills.
- Highly creative and imaginative.
- Project management, planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Enthusiastic, assertive and confident attitude with a problem-solving approach to tasks.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.