Marketing Coordinator - Gaming
- Closing date: 28-May-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: HR Team
- Location: London, UK
- Company name: Clarion Events Ltd
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.clarionevents.com
Clarion Gaming is charismatic and passionate business that embraces its core values – we love different, we never settle for 2nd, we embrace trust and loyalty, and we help build dreams. We are an events first business, supported by a series of successful publishing titles and training courses.
Although one team, responsibilities in Clarion Gaming could be split into two distinct areas:
Delivery – responsible for the formation and implementation of marketing strategies at a product level, which includes 12 events, 32 training courses and 4 content titles
Support – responsible for the formation and implementation of strategies and best practice at a group level, and supporting the delivery function in executing effective campaigns.
Reporting and working closely with the Brand Director, the Marketing Coordinator will work as part of support team to implement a number of strategic projects across the group, focusing on five key areas – data, email, website, organic social, paid social.
This important role will set standards for the rest of the business, helping to protect and promote our respected event, training and content brands.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, technical and process-driven marketer, with a strong personality and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once, and switch between them as necessary. They will have an extremely methodical approach to work, with the ability to turn complex ideas into simple solutions.
Data and CRM (50% of effort)
- Owning the process of uploading registration data to Pardot on a weekly basis
- Undertaking projects to cleanse Pardot data, sourcing internal and external help where necessary
- Managing standards for data selection across the group, in consultancy with event delivery teams, namely marketing, delegate sales and event directors
- Managing and sending weekly reports on: Engagement – performance of outbound and inbound marketing campaigns (Google Analytics); Lead generation – leads generated and their status in the sales cycle (Salesforce); Event numbers – reporting on event numbers, year-on-year and against path-to-budget
- Creating and maintaining best practice documents on data, and providing training for new and existing staff
- Management of registration and lead generation forms across the business
Direct marketing (50% of effort)
- Implementation of automated and dynamic newsletters across all teams
- Management of the email schedule for all events
- Management of quarterly group-level reporting (A/B split tests, interaction rates etc)
- Development of best practice documentation
- Implementation of a standard taxonomy, layout, leads and registration process across all websites
- Management of a new approval process to ensure each website consistently delivers on high standards
- Quarterly reporting on web performance
- Development of best practice documentation
Social organic and paid
- Investigation into current social practices, engagement and areas for improvement
- Implementation of best practice across the group
- Quarterly reporting on social performance and areas for improvement
- Development of best practice documentation.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid experience within a technical marketing and/or data driven environment
- BA qualified or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of a marketing automation/CRM system, ideally Pardot and/or Salesforce A love for process and organization, supplemented by excellent administration, time management and organizational skills
- Exposure to marketing analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics, Excel, Faststats etc
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to present and implement new ideas and procedures
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to write instructions, manuals and worksheets in plain language Self-motivated, innovative and creative
- Good IT troubleshooting skills
- Experiencing in using a variety of peripheral computer systems, including cloud storage servers, project management systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
The Gaming team is a group of enthusiastic and passionate individuals driven by its core brand values:
"We embrace trust and loyalty"
- We work in partnership with our customers and colleagues.
- We invest time, care and energy in everything we do.
- We make our stakeholders feel valued.
"We help build dreams"
- We strive to make things better.
- We love to create positive experiences and rewarding journeys.
- We believe in what we do.
"We love different"
- We always ask why not?
- We are a driver of positive change.
- We champion unconventional thinking.
"We never settle for second"
- We always endeavor to make things happen.
- We help our customers and colleagues to be successful.
- We believe in nurturing talent at every level and throughout the industry.